The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji X-T1 shows up on Fuji's site

bradhusick

Another thing that will be difficult is not to compare it with the Df. Here is a camera that is designed with "retro" controls from the start, is smaller and lighter, half the price, has current lenses with an aperture ring, features split screen for manual focusing (although electronic), can emulate a 35mm camera with legacy lenses and a Speed Booster.

It won't have an optical viewfinder and obviously not the Nikon sensor, but, but, but...
The X-T1 photos look really sweet. This is what I was hoping the Df would have been! Maybe we should mount our Nikon lenses on this body...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The X-T1 photos look really sweet. This is what I was hoping the Df would have been! Maybe we should mount our Nikon lenses on this body...
Exactly what I was thinking... my 105mm f/1.8 AIS with Speed Booster sound like a nice portrait option. Not sure if I need anything else :)

Dale Allyn

Exactly what I was thinking... my 105mm f/1.8 AIS with Speed Booster sound like a nice portrait option. Not sure if I need anything else :)
I'm using my Canon 135mm f/2.0 L on my X-E2 and getting some fun results. Haven't used it a lot, but with focus peaking, and a nice bright lens it works quite well. I can see extending this approach with other Nikon/Canon primes missing from the native lineup.

(Of course, I'm really hoping that Fuji will offer a reasonably fast native prime in the 75mm to 90mm range.)

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
I am SO glad I just bought back into the Fuji system. This new body looks perfect. And I have adapters (tilt, helicoid, Fuji original Leia M mount) that for some reason I did not sell when I sold my X-E1. And the updated X-E1 that I just bought is easier to focus MF lenses with than ANY body I have used so far.

This X-T1 looks perfect to me and I love the ISO dial.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I would have wished for a sensor different from x-trans. probably a matter of taste though.
I really like the X-Trans sensor. Obviously there are different tastes :)

Just today I used the XE2 in absolute no go light conditions for other cameras and it still performed wonderfully. Just turn on Auto-HDR and it seems to do the job - at least for me.

So sensor wise the only thing I would want are slightly more MP (20 - 24) and all would be perfect.

Paul2660

Fuji Rumors still states that it will be in B&H on the 28th of this month. On their site no info yet, i.e. no way to preorder.

This morning expected prices were listed on Fuji Rumors $1,300 for body only.

I am calling B&H later to see if I can still return my X-E2 as this body is a lot more of what I would prefer. The tilting screen offering is what I am really after.

Paul Caldwell

retow

Looks like it will be in the USD 1800 price range with the new zoom 18-135mm. This would be very competitvely priced when compared to the EM-1 with the 12-40mm.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Bill, still two excellent cameras, and extremely capable. And in my experience, if you are planning on working with them, two identical bodies is preferable. I like the new body too but the button and dials are very different to the X-E2's, and in the 'heat of battle' so to speak, this can make a huge difference as to whether you get the shot.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Bill, still two excellent cameras, and extremely capable. And in my experience, if you are planning on working with them, two identical bodies is preferable. I like the new body too but the button and dials are very different to the X-E2's, and in the 'heat of battle' so to speak, this can make a huge difference as to whether you get the shot.
So then 2 XT1's would win the game :D

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
That would work for me! OTOH, some people are more dextrous than I am, and can use two different bodies quickly. I have found that it's difficult for me to do this.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
That would work for me! OTOH, some people are more dextrous than I am, and can use two different bodies quickly. I have found that it's difficult for me to do this.
Same for me!

But actually I expect the XE2 and XT1 not to be too different. But there will be differences.

peterb

Definitely a VERY promising design with what appears to be a very VERY nice deck layout fore, aft and (especially) topside!

And unlike Sony, the little wonder (with a nice flippable rear LCD no less) will already have an impressive stable of lenses to die for. The 23mm f1.4 and 56mm f1.2 alone will make for a fabulous kit.

And I'm sure the results will bear this out.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
peterb, I have selected a slightly different range, based around the 27/2.8 ASPH: in my casual snapping around the house this week, this tiny "slow" lens is outstanding and is very sharp wide open, too. Together, a really compact, smooth kit (slips in and out of a small Crumpler bag beautifully compared to the GX-7).

And the CV/12/5.6 seems to work just fine too, without adjustments (distortion, vignetting, colour cast are all available in the menu, though I assume jpegs only). All my 50s work beautifully too, so although the 56/1.2 will be a welcome addition, not just yet I am thinking. What times we live in, photographically!

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Damn: that's a fine looking camera. That vertical grip would be a true blessing for event/wedding photographers. A tiny, sold block of goodness...