The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji X-T1 shows up on Fuji's site

Braeside

HI There
Well - I've currently got 3 (or is that 4) mirrorless systems on the go, and I want to get back to one as soon as possible.But I'd like to choose the best one. A week shooting in the Lakes has proved that I really do want weather sealed - there's plenty of good snaps to take in the pouring rain, and you need a weathersealed camera to do it!
Jono,

Given the recent shocking weather you have been having down south that makes a lot of sense. Watching with interest.

greypilgrim

Fuji or Olympus hardware - decisions, decisions, decisions ......... but for me there's also the big question of 4:3 versus 3:2 formats.
I've shot both. They both work. I probably lean a little to 4:3, but...

I also like shooting for and cropping to 1:1

Doug

DavidL

Hi David
I hope you're well - you're cat is doing just fine - she's finally mastered the new puppy and life is settling down a bit (yes please!).
I'll soon be in the position of having tried and tested the A7s (both), the E-M1 and also the new Fuji . . . . but to be honest, I can't see that there's anything useful to say - just depends what you want. All of them take decent snaps.

all the best
Yes things are good and it's even stopped raining down here in Devon. Well it still is raining just not a continual downpour so it seems it's stopped.
Glad to hear about the cat.
Re anything useful to say etc, I'm just interested in your views and often drop in on your posts. What I want is a premium bond win. What I need, well you know the song:)
All the best
David

Elderly

HI Ian
I can live with either . . . but my heart is with 3:2.
but decisions can wait!
I went to the Tony Ray-Jones & Martin Parr exhibition at the Science Museum yesterday and all those grainy, not a correct vertical in sight, wonderful moments captured, reminded me that my heart is also with 3:2.

We've moved on a lot since those days of HP4 and no image stabilization but there's no substitute for the photographer's eye.

It's ironic that in a photo exhibition, there's no photography allowed,
however ....... ETA temporarily removed image that didn't load properly ..... back soon .
Back - I hope this works, last time it only showed the top half of the image!!!

Last edited: