The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Appropriate bags for the X series?

w44neg

I seem to be on the cusp of acquiring at least five more lenses on top of my current 18mm f2.0 for my recently acquired X-Pro1.

These will be...

23mm
35mm
60mm
55-200mm

and subject to reviews, the 10-24mm (let's face it, I'm going to buy it!). Plus I'll also have a bounce flash.

I have a bag for my Nikon gear but as all the Fuji lenses are so compact, they will just swim about in there. Plus I'd like a more stylish and compact bag compared to the rather geeky type I currently have.

Has anyone had a similar situation, where they've wanted a bag that will carry all their lenses as compact and tight as possible? I like the Billingham bags but they're quite pricey and I haven't found one that would carry all of the above so far.

Something along those lines would be nice though.

Last edited:

bensonga

You might want to check out the Think Tank Retrospective series of bags. I have several of these in different sizes. I have bags in both the Pinestone and Blue Slate colors.

My X-Pro1 with 3 lenses is currently living in a Pinestone Retrospective 7. I have a Sony A7 with 6 lenses in a Pinestone Retrospective 10.

I think the Retrospective 10 would carry everything you noted above and possibly a bit more.

Gary

Retrospective. Shoulder Bags - Think Tank Photo

Dale Allyn

I'll echo Gary's suggestion of the TT Retrospective. It's quite well made, and I like that it's fairly discrete as well.

bradhusick

My favorite bags are the Artisan&Artist line. Discreet, very well made, no flaps on many models (I hate flaps - one extra step to get in the way).

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
I highly recommend A&A Image Smith or Black Label Image Smith II bag. It can fit two bodies with lenses mounted plus additional 3-4 lenses.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Think Tank City Walker 20 will take everything you're looking at. I use it to carry X-Pro1 or X-E2, 14, 18-55, 55-200, 60, 23 or 35 plus flash, sync cable plus lot's of room for filters (full RF75 & grads kit), batteries etc plus also a tablet. It can also take 2 bodies with less lenses if you so desire.

I know that a lot of people like really tightly packed compact bags but with a system like the X series, whenever you add a new lens you'll end up needing another bigger bag.

Another really good bag that fit's everything including flash is the Crumpler Enthusiast sling pack. I used this with X-Pro1 and X100s combination plus lenses, iPad and flash & synch cables.