The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The cheapest X body option?

w44neg

I recently picked up an X-Pro1 and I adore it. However, I received it supposedly new, but it clearly wasn't. After finding a mark on the sensor, I've decided I'm going to return it and purchase the X-T1 on release... It sounds like an X-Pro1 on steroids. I'll miss the OVF but find I'm using it very little.

Anyhow, that will be my main body, but I take quite a lot of macro shots and swapping lenses is starting to annoy me. With all the X range having near identical image performance, I'm considering a second body purely for macro, but obviously I don't want to spend a lot.

Which body should I be looking at second hand for the best deals? I'd definitely consider an X-Pro1 as this option but perhaps other bodies are cheaper?

douglasf13

If you're looking really cheap, I've seen the X-A1 in blue go for $299 new in box on ebay. It has a regular Bayer CMOS, rather than X-Trans, which some consider to be a good thing, but YMMV.

bensonga

I assumed that he wanted a body with interchangeable lenses, based on his earlier posts....hence my recommendation of the X-E1.

Gary

w44neg

If you're looking really cheap, I've seen the X-A1 in blue go for $299 new in box on ebay. It has a regular Bayer CMOS, rather than X-Trans, which some consider to be a good thing, but YMMV.
I assumed that he wanted a body with interchangeable lenses, based on his earlier posts....hence my recommendation of the X-E1.

Gary
Thanks for the responses. Looking at the A1, it appears to have interchangeable lenses so it could be ideal... I'll look into it :cool:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Whilst the X-A1 might be the cheaper option than the X-E1 or X-M1, it doesn't have the X-Trans sensor. I would have assumed that you'd want the macro and non-macro outfits to have the same image characteristics which would come from using the same sensor system.