So, I've kinda referenced this in the "greens" thread, but I'd like feedback specific to this question as I am dithering relentlessly
I've ordered the kit, and it arrives tomorrow. Keep it or send it back and order the body only and some primes?
Any prime shooters with good reasons for using that $400 on the kit lens?
Parameters I am weighing:
* Normally I shoot primes (m4/3 kit 12, 20, 45, ++).
* $400 more for the kit lens could go towards primes instead.
* Kit lens does have OIS though and is supposed to be excellent.
* My preferred wide angle of view is 24mm equivalent (hence the oly 12mm).
* There are some sweet deals on the Fuji 14 and 27 (I like the 40mm equivalent).
* Bird in the hand (kit arrives tomorrow) versus getting the body "sometime" depending on availability.
* I will be getting a Speed Booster to use my old nikkors on the body. I have pretty much every FL covered from 20 on with those (20,24, 28, 35, 50, 90, 105, 75-150, 200, 300)
* I shoot mostly landscapes and macros (I'm covered on macros for now), opportunistic wildlife, and candids when the opportunity arises.
* The fuji lenses have quite the reputation (the 14 is probably guaranteed to beat out my 20 nikkor for instance)