The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just had a clearout...

Nathan W. Lediard

A couple of years ago I made the move up from Canon as main camera system to Hasselblad, and my canon gear got relegated to pretty much reserve usage... (although I did keep alot of stuff and get a 1Dx to replace my worn out 1DsmkIII)

Now I have been using the Fuji Xpro-1 a lot as a back-up-- I can fit the fuji and a good selection of lenses in the same bag as the hassy and my usual lenses.. so today I made a decision... and had a big clear out... Leaving a bare minimum Canon kit for when I really need the firepower, but moving the fuji kit up as main back-up.. So i packed a box off to my dealer today with:

EF 24 f1,4LII
EF 85 f1,2LII
EF 50 f1,2L
EF 24-105L
5DmkII
and a couple of extenders I never use anymore...

Now the good bit... :D

At the same time I placed an order for an XT-1 with a 56 f1.2 and a 10-24 f4 :D

My bag just got a whole lot lighter, and the image quality is just as good...

JimGoshorn

Out of curiosity, what Canon gear did you hold onto? I am in a similar position of trying to decide what to keep and what to sell.

Jim

Nathan W. Lediard

I kept my 1Dx, 16-35L 24-70f2.8: 70-200f4L and my 135f2L I can do just about any job with that.
I also kept my 1DsmkIII, but that's mainly because its so well used no-one would have it... hehe...
I sold my big whites (300f2.8 and 200f2) when I moved to medium format...
The gear I traded in was my least used after the move.. once you have shot the HC150n then the canon 85 just doesnt cut the mustard anymore...

So the Fuji will be a very good back-up to have on commercial shoots and at about half the space if not weight :)

Right now i have this fuji gear:
X100 (original)
X-pro1
XF35
XF23
XF 18-55
XF55-200

After I get my new gear you can add the 56 1.2, the 10-24 and the XT-1 to the list... a pretty complete set-up really. I got to shoot the XT-1 recently and was impressed.. as for the 56 1.2 I just cant wait to get mine :)

Hassy I have H4D-40 with 28, 80, 150 and the 50-110. :)

Nathan W. Lediard

Well the canon stuff has gone.. and I got a better deal than I expected :D so ordered the grip as well and still got change enough for the 60mm macro or the 14mm... decisions!
Just got a confirmed date (4th of april) for the 56 and the grip,, unconfirmed still on the 10-24 and the XT-1...