The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

greypilgrim

Good for them.

Not often Lightroom lags so far behind in getting support. There must be something more going on with them at the moment that is keeping what should be a minor change from being rolled out.

Doug

Good for them.

Not often Lightroom lags so far behind in getting support. There must be something more going on with them at the moment that is keeping what should be a minor change from being rolled out.

Doug
I suspect we are not going to have soon a LR 5.4 but a LR 6.0, this may be the reason for not updating LR at the same time as ACR.

greypilgrim

I suspect we are not going to have soon a LR 5.4 but a LR 6.0, this may be the reason for not updating LR at the same time as ACR.
That could be a long wait as we have not seen any of the usual customer betas.

I thought I saw references to 5.4 versions being in a closed beta, but that could be standard rumor fodder.

Waiting for a 6.0 and having to immediately adopt it would be annoying. Worse yet, if they decided to do the creative cloud thing would be a mess. I know they've stated they won't do that for LR, but that only holds so much.

Doug

gDallasK

Hmmm ...... your "Green Shot" prompted me to look again at Aperture which I have owned for a long time but tended to ignore due to my greater familiarity with Adobe's products. After processing a couple of my own RAF files from the X-T1 I'm wondering if my initial impression of slightly better rendering of foliage is also seen by others?

douglasf13

Hmmm ...... your "Green Shot" prompted me to look again at Aperture which I have owned for a long time but tended to ignore due to my greater familiarity with Adobe's products. After processing a couple of my own RAF files from the X-T1 I'm wondering if my initial impression of slightly better rendering of foliage is also seen by others?
With Aperture, you get less of the painterly look of Adobe, but, in its place, you get these odd areas of green/purple color artifacts with little speckles. You can see it a bit in the tree at the top left of Dave's 100% view window.