The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wish you were here..

rayyan

Not long I asked for suggestions on which cam to take for a short vacation..

The Fuji X 100S or the Sony RX 100. Thanks to those that responded..I took both!! :D

Also I read with dread experts talking about Fuji and the details in ' green foliage '.

So I tried to avoid 'green foliage' and ' green ' in general..

So here goes..

rayyan

Thanks guys for the ' likes '...

And came the lazy morning; I just drifted were the currents would take me.

rayyan

Rayyan, Magnificently Gorgeous My Brotha! Hope You Are Feeling Great! All The Best!

Hello there Steve.

So good to see you around these parts. Hope all goes fine with you.
Thanks for looking in bro.

Best to you and yours.

rayyan

I had left my Ms behind. I knew I would miss it. So I brought something with the red dot to keep me company..

rayyan

Guys, your ' likes ' are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I often run into weddings. By chance, luck, kismet or whatever.

This place was no different....

rayyan

I want to watch glorious sunsets, said Ayesha..

I want to walk along kilometers of white sand without jumping over bodies, said Ayesha..

I want to feel the sea wind in my face, said Ayesha...

I want to see sea, sand, trees and shades of blue, said Ayesha..

And I want to be at peace with nature, said Ayesha...

Now what's in it for me, I asked.

rayyan

Time to end this series of posts, for now.

Shall leave you with a grab shot of Ayesha.

From 5900 meters in South America, here she is at sea level in the Maldives.

Thank you for viewing.

Kindest regards.

Lloyd

I don't know how I missed this thread. Too much mental noise I suppose. Beautiful work, and such a beautiful place! Thank you for sharing this with us. I particularly love the narrative that you give along with the images. Ayesha knows. She just knows. Glad you were listening!

rayyan

I don't know how I missed this thread. Too much mental noise I suppose. Beautiful work, and such a beautiful place! Thank you for sharing this with us. I particularly love the narrative that you give along with the images. Ayesha knows. She just knows. Glad you were listening!
Lloyd, I guess women seem to know how to spend money..our money!!:eek:
Best to you pal.

Really beautiful photos, I wish I could be there :)

Peter
Peter, thanks for visiting. It is a nice place to relax and unwind.:thumbup:

Lovely Ray
Just my kind of place, maybe one day
Hello Jono.
After the wonderful writeup on manual focussing, You would really love it up there.:D Thanks a bunch Jono.

I am grateful to you kind folks for the encouragement.:salute:

Nothing to do in the mornings. So we hired a boat with local folk to go looking for dolphins...

To swim with the dolphins, of course. Which we did. Wonderful.

D&A

Rayyan, wonderful, simply wonderful! The images in many ways are timeless but at the same time provide a wonderful sense of place as though looking through a glass pane at these scenes before our very eyes. It looks easy to capture such scenes but it's not always..and requires more than to simply press the button.

Lovely captures that provide a respite from the hectic pace the daily workweek. I now want to find out when the next plane is departing for some tropical isle :).

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: