The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Green Fringe... Lens or Sensor

white.elephant

All

I received a new 23mm f/1.4 lens, mounted it on my X-Pro 1, and grabbed this snap today:

Examining the birch trees up close resulted in this:

As you can see, there is a fringe of green running along the edge of the birch tree. Is this an artifact of the sensor?

Image processed in Capture One Express 7.2.1

Braeside

Hi Chris, I have seen this on fast lenses by other manufacturers too, it generally shows on high contrast out of focus edges. Unfortunately no lens design is perfect and aberrations sometimes show up. In general I find the Fujinon lenses very nice.

Paul2660

It should be correctable. C1 I don't believe has a defringe tool so the C1 algorithm may not see and correct it in a raw file. LR and ACR may do a better job with their toolset especially the latest versions.

Paul

Braeside

Good news Chris. Wonder if the OOC JPG would show it or not? I keep meaning to test whether the X-Pro 1 differs from the X-T1 in this respect, and whether the X-T1 Lens Modulation Optimiser option makes a difference. I process raw in Aperture, though I do have older versions of LR and C1 around too.