The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LR 5.4 with X-T1 support has been released!

etrigan63

Adobe CC subscribers will get the update via the CC control panel. Lightroom updates within itself. Don't forget to download the DNG Converter as well.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
No kidding....

Whole new ballgame...Jono take a look! :ROTFL:

Fuji X-T1 LR 5.4 Astia Profile

Well worth the wait....

Thanks,

Bob

greypilgrim

Performance is quite poor. I'm not talking about image quality, just the performance. Selecting a photo to begin editing it leads to a VERY perceptible delay (up to a count of ten) before LR updates the image to reflect its adjustments. This is radically slower than any other model of camera I have used, and it is so slow that I almost give up at times.

This is on a fully modern MacBook Pro with an SSD, not an underpowered machine.

Not sure what is going on, but it is disappointing to say the least...

Doug

Performance is quite poor. I'm not talking about image quality, just the performance. Selecting a photo to begin editing it leads to a VERY perceptible delay (up to a count of ten) before LR updates the image to reflect its adjustments. This is radically slower than any other model of camera I have used, and it is so slow that I almost give up at times.

Doug
Hmm, might be a Mac thing. I have no complaints on Windows.

docmoore

You might try a re-install....

I just did a test on a fairly maxed out mid-2010 MAC Pro with the following picture...applied the Astia profile exported to PS CC and nothing in the process was slow...most less than a second to accomplish.

Fuji X-T1 LR 5.4 Test

Thanks,

Bob

docmoore

Another from yesterday with a bit more detailed subject but no noticeable lag in process time....

Fuji X-T1 LR 5.4

Thanks,

Bob

greypilgrim

Interesting, each of you that have macs and are not seeing perf issues are running machines with dedicated video cards as opposed to the video that is part of the Intel chips on the Retina MacBook Pros. I have an iMac (also pretty maxxed out) although it is a bit older. I will try it with LR 5.4 to see if I see a slowdown. If I do not, then I'll have something concrete to send to Adobe.

Doug

docmoore

Doug,

That seems long ... wonder if you can use Activity Monitor to see what is
causing the delay...if CPU or memory maxes out....

Love to know how this plays out.

Thanks,

Bob

ashwinrao1

Oh yes. I was lucky to be testing this out over the past 3 weeks. The fuji x trans files do seem substantially better, and to have camera profiles easily at hand in LR seals the deal. Less artifacts too, and images seem sharper and also more a enable to sharpening in LR.

docmoore

How do you access this sub-menu?

When I click on Profile under Camera Calibration what you show isn't there. What camera file was being used? A Sony A7R file doesn't show those film choices.

Thanks,

-Marc
Its camera specific and only shows for the Fuji....

So Fuji XE-1(2), X-Pro 1 or X-T1 will give you the option based on
the X Trans profiles Fuji and Adobe have cooked into the system.

Bob

fordfanjpn

Doug
I'm having the same problem on my new iMac. Importing files seems to take much longer than before. Otherwise it seems to be ok.

Bill

fotografz

Its camera specific and only shows for the Fuji....

So Fuji XE-1(2), X-Pro 1 or X-T1 will give you the option based on
the X Trans profiles Fuji and Adobe have cooked into the system.

Bob
Thanks Bob! That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something pretty cool.

- Marc