The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji X-E2 problem

Rethmeier

I just picked up a brand new Fuji X-E2 body with a 23/1.4 + 56/1.2 and the 55-200 zoom.

What a great little camera and those lenses! WOW.

My only problem is that the camera doesn't always switches on.:wtf:

I only have one battery at the moment,so I can't check wether it could be a battery issue,however it's bloody annoying.

The work around way is remove the battery and put it back in.

Still not ideal!

Any idea's?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It doesn't sound like it's 100% operational. I'd definitely go back to the store and get it checked against another known good body because what you describe isn't correct nor acceptable. It could concievably be the battery although it doesn't sound like a battery kind of issue (that's normally all, nothing or rapid death).

If you're new to the camera, and forgive me if this sounds obvious, but check that it's not the EVF & eye sensor causing the rear LCD to display or flip with the viewfinder which might make it seem like it's not on but is. (Hey, you'd be surprised ... I have to ask.)

Rethmeier

The weird thing is that a NewZealand shooter , Tony Bridge, had the identical issue and it went away after a while?
And Graham , yes I checked the eye sensor etc.
I'll take it to Fuji here in Sydney.
N.B I did buy the body in Hong Kong, let's see how I go.

Paul2660

My X-e1 does this every once and a while, about 1 in 25 attempts. Never has gotten worse, but still does it. Almost out of warranty, and may send it in.

Paul

Rethmeier

Funny that!
I was going to contact you Paul,if you had encountered the problem as well.
Anyway,let's see if it's fixable.
Willem.

Paul2660

I have been shooting the XT-1 now for a bit over a month, and would never go back to the XE-2. I sold it 2 days after I got the XT-1. For me the LCD being able to swivel is a huge advantage.

One thing I have noticed that is a negative, is the battery life seems a bit shorter.

The battery seems to stay on full for while, then just drops off to Red. You can turn the camera off and back on and get a few more shots, but that's pretty much it when it hits red. I got caught with my pants down the other day and only had 1 battery, so I learned the hard way.

Paul

My X-e1 does this every once and a while, about 1 in 25 attempts. Never has gotten worse, but still does it. Almost out of warranty, and may send it in.

Paul
I have the same issue with my X-E1. It seems this might have something to do with the lens. Maybe the lens contacts are not lined up properly. In any case, turning the lens a bit make the camera turn on fine.

Martin

Rethmeier

Paul,
for that reason on a pro job the Fujifilm VG-XT1 Vertical Battery Grip
does wonders. A lot of people like the handling of the camera better as well.