The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I Know what I think...

rayyan

iso=5000, f/2, ss=1/80s,35/1.4, raw, cpro,ps, slight increase in exp in cpro.

Very dimly lit. Light like I encounter more often than not. Focus, corner of cushion. Focus locked satisfactorily.

100% crop..

I am not technical, don't have much time to waste in pp. I just want to make images..hopefully something pleasing ( to me at least ).
iso= 1,000,000 in bright sunlight is useless to me.

rayyan

Everywhere was silence.
Good Morning, I said. Baa..baa..I looked around and found iBaa struggling to get out.

Is it morning already, he asked. Yes, I said. Where is XT, I can't find him anywhere.
iBaa thought for a moment..last I saw of him, he was downcast and it seemed he was a bit sad.

Let me check, I said. It is time for him to get dressed and go to work. I want to snap him.
Oh goody said iBaa. Can I join him?..please, baa-baa please.

Well ok, I said. And don't stare at the camera...else the snap is wasted.

Whatever, said iBaa.

rayyan

It is almost midnight here.

I have been using it all day and now.
So was last night shooting disappointing? Not really. That was a torture test.

I took my fat 12 mp D700 and photographed the same setup.

The Nikon did not fare too good either. It was on
par with the XT, to my eyes on my iMac.

The ergonomics fit me like a glove. Once I did press the movie record button
While reaching for the encompass dial.

The focus is ver very good indeed. More than enough for what I need.
Except for the 60mm macro, though that has improved significantly from my XE1.

The focus is fast and much more accurate. Even with reducing the focus area dimensions. Slowest lens is the 60. The 35 needs a new model with a modern af.
It will do for me... For the time being.

The fastest af has been the 18-55 kit lens. A lovely lens.

The Leica lenses I tried...50,75,90 worked as expected.
I rather enjoyed this experience.

Now to the EVF. Really a joy to use. There is a very tolerable lag between shutter presses. Don't bother me none.

Colors. Brilliant.

While taking out the sd card, it often felt warm. I have to check my other cams.

Interestingly, I found that at certain times the jpgs were better than the pp raw..I could have saved time by not processing the raw files.

Should I have gone for the Sony A7s, it still is in my mind.
But a new system to learn, USA/UK guarantee not valid here, limited lenses currently and bigger...though fast glass and zoom by Fuji too are getting bigger and heavier. I just need a 56/1.2 and really I would be set.

So, preliminary outlook bodes well for me with the Fuji.
I am almost certain I made the right decision...for the time being.

Just shine a bit of light, and the XT runs the show.

rayyan

After the discussions. A group photo of some of the participants.
You might recognize the Nobel Laureate, Professor iProf....

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Should I have gone for the Sony A7s, it still is in my mind.
But a new system to learn, USA/UK guarantee not valid here, limited lenses currently and bigger...though fast glass and zoom by Fuji too are getting bigger and heavier. I just need a 56/1.2 and really I would be set.

So, preliminary outlook bodes well for me with the Fuji.
I am almost certain I made the right decision...for the time being.

Just shine a bit of light, and the XT runs the show.
We have been following this ...

And yes the 56/1.2 makes the camera a bit more special....

I loved mine...colors, speed, using Astia as a preset the majority of the time in LR and Provia occasionally.

Jumping systems is not for the faint at heart...more for the foolhardy.

Once you start jumping it is hard to stop...to whit Buddy Lee or the proverbial Mex.... Jumping Beans.

These captures show that you will do great things with the X-T1 as a travel camera...and probably for your main camera.

Nice thing about the iFOLKS is that they seem to be extremely patient...not too likely to complain about long photo sessions...my daughter still remembers my attempts at doing 4x5 portraiture with her ... she was about 5 at the time. You got maybe 2 minutes max before she check out...probably learned it from her mother.

It all looks good.

Regards,

Bob

rayyan

Hi there Bob.

Thanks for the help you and others provided that led me to buying the XT1.

Honestly, either would have been the right choice. That's why the indecision on my part.
I would agree with you the iPeople are very patient. And catching my grandchildren running around would pose more of an issue. But all fun.

Re: our good friend Jono..don't know what's come over him. Caspar chasing rabbits ( more like ghosts ), and that rooster of his all alone in that barn with them pretty chicks..some strange happenings in that part of the wilds.

He is beginning to see ' sensor glows '. Next people with halos around their heads and walking over the water on that seashore he frequents..

I tell you, something don't seem quite right there..the A7s is just an excuse to put us mortals off track.:D

I checked Amazon. One of them books shall be arriving shortly. Thanks.

Stay well and may the light be with you.

We have been following this ...

And yes the 56/1.2 makes the camera a bit more special....

I loved mine...colors, speed, using Astia as a preset the majority of the time in LR and Provia occasionally.

Jumping systems is not for the faint at heart...more for the foolhardy.

Once you start jumping it is hard to stop...to whit Buddy Lee or the proverbial Mex.... Jumping Beans.

These captures show that you will do great things with the X-T1 as a travel camera...and probably for your main camera.

Nice thing about the iFOLKS is that they seem to be extremely patient...not too likely to complain about long photo sessions...my daughter still remembers my attempts at doing 4x5 portraiture with her ... she was about 5 at the time. You got maybe 2 minutes max before she check out...probably learned it from her mother.

It all looks good.

Regards,

Bob
Oh,

Should mention that Jono is still blaming me for that other camera....:ROTFL:

Bob

rayyan

rayyan,

Looks like you're going to enjoy it.
Make photos. :)

G
Hello Godfrey.

Thanks pal.

I was just thinking to myself about unpacking the M vs the XT1.

The M seemed more of a sombre excitement, whereas the XT1 was fun.
I have never used a LCD that one could flip. My knees are already thanking me for that :D

Best regards.

rayyan

Sir, your forum name would surely apply more to me than yourself, I am sure.
But thanks a bunch for looking in.

As to your question..don't know, I am baa-felled.:eek:

Best wishes.

Is that a baa code attached to your camera strap?
It's a bit too woolly to make out :D .