The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The best value in Fuji cameras right now is...

soboyle

a used X100.
I've been missing my original X100 since I sold it to get a X100S, which I have since sold to get a X-E2. I picked up a used X100 in very nice condition for $350 last week, and am surprised at how well it performs, both in speed (I remembered it being very sluggish) and the image quality of the superb 12 megapixel sensor. Fuji has made some headway with the firmware of the X100 since I sold mine. It's very usable now with the 2.10 firmware. Autofocus is much faster than I remember, not as fast as my X-E2, but not too far behind. Plus there is something unique about the cmos sensor, I like it better than the X Trans look. It's a less active image, with none of the halos that can be a problem in some X Trans images with fine detail. Shot wide open it has very nice bokeh. An excellent camera for a bargain price.

Last edited:

Swissblad

I agree, I still have my X100, and it is a great little camera, especially for portraits.

Enjoy your new toy.

David Schneider

I would say a used XE1 is the best value. Obviously, it has interchangeable lens capability and IQ that seems equal to my XE2. I've used the XE1 as a back-up when traveling well off the tourist trail and in bad weather.

soboyle

Yes, the resale price of the X-E1 dropped through the floor for some reason, they are selling for very cheap.
Still, there is something unique about the IQ of the original X100.

J

JohnW

I don't know about the best, but the X-M1 is a good value. I got a nice used one for under $300. Since moving from the Nex 7 to an X-Pro, I've missed shooting with a flip screen. The X-M1 provides that with X-Trans performance in a very small package. I use it with the XF 27, which is really small and itself a great value.

John

tbhv55

Fuji has made some headway with the firmware of the X100 since I sold mine. It's very usable now with the 2.10 firmware. Autofocus is much faster than I remember, not as fast as my X-E2, but not too far behind.
I agree - the x100 has been transformed with a succession of firmware updates. It was, originally, fairly dire on both AF performance, and on adjustment for MF, but these days it's generally very decent in both regards. The output has always been very good though, and I've never really felt the desire to upgrade.

And - more importantly than any of that - it's still great fun...!