The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anybody using Zeiss Touit lenses....

Swissblad

had a look at the Zeiss Touit macro, and it is a dream.... wonder if I should trade m Fujinon macro in....

Any current users?

archiM44

Yes, I traded my fuji 60mm in and find it a wonderful lens.
Much less searching in autofocus which was really poor in macro and not wonderfull otherwise.
Image quality was at least as good with the 60mm (when in focus)
Only thing I really miss is the small size.

GaryAyala

I have both. The Zeiss hunts significantly less than the Fujinon. The 1x magnification of the Zeiss is a must if you're into marco as opposed to the Fujinon .5x magnification. The extra 10mm of the Fuji is noticeable when compared to the Zeiss. The Zeiss focuses internally, the Fujinon extends ... point to Zeiss. The IQ of both lenses are equally sharp. If you shoot macros the Zeiss is the way to go. Otherwise, the Fujinon delivers much more value.

Gary

Charles2

Per the Subject line, I mention the Touit 32/1.8. It has the Zeiss color and contrast pop and excellent resolution. Good AF speed, although I do not often take a stop-action photo. Fine build quality.

The 32mm can be found at an economical price. The 50mm rarely appears discounted more than US$100 off a stiff list price.

Sample