The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji XT-1 - legendary FW update

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Already installed and runs perfect. I love the Electronic Shutter, the direct AF point selection and the AF to Spot Meter function. Plus the possibility of permanent MF override.

Most features the Olympus EM1 already provided for long time, but now as available also on Fuji XT1 is really a VERY welcomed upgrade, one where you usually have to buy a new camera to get it.

KUDOS Fuji!

I am really happy I have made the right switch from Nikon (D800E) to Fuji XT1 (and Olympus EM1) :cool:

Some shots to show the lovely Classic Chrome, all with 1.2/56 most wide open .....

2014-12-18_0009.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2014-12-18_0011.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2014-12-18_0012.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2014-12-18_0017.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

Peter

Last edited:

Hulyss Bowman

Not had the time to install it yet but can't wait to try it tomorrow :) For now, yes, it is almost a "no deception" brand.

Braeside

Lovely Christmas present from Fujifilm for the X-T1. Electronic shutter is useful even given its limitations. Lots of new things can be accessed from the Fn buttons and the Q Menu is customisable now too.

Only thing I miss from the Olympus now is the live bulb mode. Oh and I forgot, I would like the settings for the EVF to be less tied into the LCD, the kludge where the custom mode for the LCD is what you get on the EVF is a rather poor way of doing things TBH. You can do better Fuji.

A little bit disappointed that a few more of the features couldn't be added to the X-Pro1 too though.

MCTuomey

liking the coupled spot metering and focus point, the programmable quick menu, the new replay options, the one-press AF point selection. e-shutter too. also just realized that we've got an adjustable focus point with back-button focus now, liking that too. much appreciated upgrades, all-around.

greypilgrim

I saw some strange behavior today shooting in low light at an aquarium today. I do not remember seeing this prior to the firmware update.

When shooting low light at tanks lit by fluorescent lighting, I saw a rolling effect in the viewfinder. At times it was pretty extreme. As I said, I have shot there before and have not seen this.

Before you ask, I had mechanical shutter selected as the shutter type ;).

I tested there in low light under other light types, and no such effect, so it probably has to do with the frequency of the fluorescent lighting.

Either way, somewhat disturbing.

Doug

I have not updated my firmware yet.

I always see the EVF rolling effect you mention when fluorescent lighting dominates the scene. The effect seems to be strongest with lights that use older technologies. Modern fluorescents (CFLs) barely have any effect.

The only thing I don't understand is how come you didn't see this before the firmware upgrade.