The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

just bought Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera

themechanic

I ordered one INSTAX mini 8 and received it a week later in wonderful condition. It came in the mail and my experience with it after has been the best! Even though you have to buy film constantly it's very worth it because it creates memories that you can keep. PLUS it's one of a kind and makes each memory even more special. I love my instax mini

Godfrey

I ordered one INSTAX mini 8 and received it a week later in wonderful condition. It came in the mail and my experience with it after has been the best! Even though you have to buy film constantly it's very worth it because it creates memories that you can keep. PLUS it's one of a kind and makes each memory even more special. I love my instax mini
:) Yes, the cost of enjoying instant film cameras is feeding them...

There's something about instant film which is incredibly seductive and fun. I've got a bunch of Polaroid SX-70 and Spectra cameras, they're just a kick to use with the Impossible Project B&W film. I also have the rare 66/6 Pinhole Instant Camera and an Impossible Instant Lab... Just hooked, I tell ya!

The Fuji Instax film is very good, and a good bit lower per print than the Impossible Project film. I've been tempted to go for a Fuji Instax Mini 90 or a Lomo Instant Camera.

G

soboyle

Something special about the unique prints an instant camera puts out. I shot a bunch of Fuji pack film this summer on my Polaroid 250 camera. Too bad the peel apart film is going the way of the dodo. Hoping that New55 film pulls it off for 4x5 peel apart.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You should check out the Fuji Instax printer too - very cool accessory for not just Fuji digital cameras but anything you can transfer images to your phone -> printer. Love those little prints as gifts :)

Faintandfuzzy

Here is a pic from a wedding I just did. Fuji X-Pro1, 35mm at f1.4, with an Instax Mini of the couple in the pic. The Instax goes into the album.

image.jpg

tcdeveau

I've got one of the instax cameras as well (don't remember which model, it's not a wide one). It is so much fun to shoot with. I'm going to get one of the instax printers one of these days too.

heymatthew

I'd second the printer as well. It pairs seamlessly with the X100T as well, which makes for a nice Fuji-to-Fuji experience.