The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji Pro Rentals

johnnygoesdigital

This makes good sense as many professionals are shooting with Fujifilm X gear now. I think it's a proven system and the lens choice is...dare I say, without competition.

David Schneider

Might be a way to test out the X-Pro2 whenever it shows up. Fuji has taken plenty of time developing it. I'd like to see for myself what happens when you put more pixels in the same size sensor rather than read the inevitable reviews that are sure to follow.

iiiNelson

This makes good sense as many professionals are shooting with Fujifilm X gear now. I think it's a proven system and the lens choice is...dare I say, without competition.
I don't know that the lens choice is without competition but they do offer some great choices for owners. That being said they're mirroring what other more established manufacturers are offering be it Canon, Nikon, Micro 4/3, MF systems, etc...

David Schneider

That being said they're mirroring what other more established manufacturers are offering be it Canon, Nikon, Micro 4/3, MF systems, etc...
I know little about making a lens, but possibly it's just physics that there are a lot of makers who make the same range zooms or same primes.

Or economics. If Canon could upgrade their 28-135mm to high L quality, it would be my go-to lens my studio. But they won't, yet have upgraded the 70-200 three times, plus had an f2.8 and an f4 version, or the 28-70mm which became the 24-70, then ver. 2, then a 24-105 was added (not a great lens).

iiiNelson

I know little about making a lens, but possibly it's just physics that there are a lot of makers who make the same range zooms or same primes.

Or economics. If Canon could upgrade their 28-135mm to high L quality, it would be my go-to lens my studio. But they won't, yet have upgraded the 70-200 three times, plus had an f2.8 and an f4 version, or the 28-70mm which became the 24-70, then ver. 2, then a 24-105 was added (not a great lens).
Agreed. Fuji has some great lenses in the lineup but the Sigma Arts, Zeiss pro level lenses, Leica, and the other premium specialty lenses across various brands are a step above just about anything glass wise on mirrorless. I still think Micro 4/3 has the most established and best lens offerings for mirrorless now but I definitely prefer a larger sensor.

This isn't a slight at Fuji (they're on the short list of cameras along with the Micro 4/3 cameras to get my fiancé) but it's a 5 year old system still building against decades of tradition and improvements.

johnnygoesdigital

I'd say they're doing more than mirroring others, such as a comprehensive line up of AF primes and zooms, some with weather resistance. Better build quality than most at a price point that's outstanding. I Wouldn't mind slightly more pixels though, but for magazine editorial, weddings, etc, it's more than enough.