The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji 18-135mm

iiiNelson

No problem. I saw it on a rumor site and I'm debating between the Fuji XT-1, The OM-D's, Sony A7II, or the Nikon Df for the fiance. The Micro 4/3 or Sony FE route makes the most sense since I am already invested in both but just sort of seeing what would fit her the best. Looking at price and features mostly.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
No problem. I saw it on a rumor site and I'm debating between the Fuji XT-1, The OM-D's, Sony A7II, or the Nikon Df for the fiance. The Micro 4/3 or Sony FE route makes the most sense since I am already invested in both but just sort of seeing what would fit her the best. Looking at price and features mostly.
Having owned both the Fuji XT1 and the Olympus EM1 I recently sold the XT1 to finance my new Nikon Df.

The reason I kept the EM1 instead of the XT1 is that finally I preferred the responsiveness, configurability and lens choices from Olympus much more, especially as I shoot the 2.8/12-40 and 2.8/40-150 - both absolutely lovely lenses. Plus as I shoot now one FF camera again, m43 felt just to be the much better supplementary system.

Just my 5c .....

iiiNelson

Having owned both the Fuji XT1 and the Olympus EM1 I recently sold the XT1 to finance my new Nikon Df.

The reason I kept the EM1 instead of the XT1 is that finally I preferred the responsiveness, configurability and lens choices from Olympus much more, especially as I shoot the 2.8/12-40 and 2.8/40-150 - both absolutely lovely lenses. Plus as I shoot now one FF camera again, m43 felt just to be the much better supplementary system.

Just my 5c .....
Yeah I'm leaning EM5II for her with the new 14-150 plus a fast-ish 17/25 (and maybe the fast 45) as she doesn't need the super expensive glass yet... unless it's on sale.

Actually I really need to price out all the options/combos with the current deals before hand. May make a lot more sense to just get her a Sony A7II since tht's my primary system and I'm happy there and can save on buying a lot of new glass.