The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji 16 ramblings

greypilgrim

Definitely looks appealing. I wish it were smaller. Would have given up a stop for smaller. Yet another filter size for yet another prime. That and the price are probably the biggest stickers for me.

Their filter sizes are all over the map. 67mm in this case for a 24mm equivalent seems large (I'm sure there's a reason). But anyway, 58 for the 14mm, 67 for the 16mm, 52 for the 35mm, 62 for the 56mm…. And of course, 72 for the 10-24mm, 62 for the 55-200mm, etc….

But I imagine it's going to be one sweet lens.

Doug

dmward

My solution for different filter sizes is to get my filters in the largest diameter, then get set down rings for the various lenses.

For the smaller diameters I get the step-down rings from a larger diameter to the smaller. i.e two step down rings to fit the lens to the filter.

MCTuomey

I just spent a fair chunk on adapter and step-down rings to fit my lee kit to my Fuji x outfit, and needed a checklist to do it. Annoying, but not too different from my canon set-up. Easier to match filter sizes with rangefinder lenses.

MCTuomey

Hmm, my rangefinder lenses take: 39mm, 46mm, 48mm, 49mm, 55mm, 58mm, 60mm, 67mm, 72mm, Series VII and Series VIII ;-)

john
sure, if that's what's in your bag. a short while ago i carried just two 46mm filters to cover these focal lengths on M-mount: 21mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 90mm, so it can be done. very efficient. i can't do that any which way with my fuji gear.