da_eltsch..thank you kindly.
I asked my guide, what the English was for the following image..
He tried to say something..stopped. Thought for a while. With a sheepish grin, he told me, he didn't know.
' There is no word for it, in English, that I know ', he said.
Indeed there isn't. There are some two or three words in English used to convey what the above sign means.
Thanks jamgolf. Much appreciated.
Between Friends9 Member(s) liked this post
Jorgen, ReeRay, Swissblad..thanks.
Holy heck, these are fantastic.
I am contemplating an X-T1, and have had the XF35 previously with the X-Pro1(s) I have had, it's a nice lens. These are stunning.
A nice small but powerful combo. Great eye for shots too of course.
I don't care what gear I have.
Things I sell: http://www.shutterstock.com/sets/413...html?rid=611052 Member(s) liked this post
^ I think the all do - excellent series. Well done and keep them coming.
Between Friends1 Member(s) thanked for this post
From my bedroom...
We had a big dinner..my wife and me. We were burning the calories off. Just wandering around.
We came across a bar cum restaurant. Outside and inside seating. Beautiful ambiance. Lovely evening. A group was playing. We took a seat outside. Pina coladas ( fruits only ) and some dessert.
The music began to grow on us. We ordered some more drinks. Felt like ' get on up..' The music was superb.
I went in. Indicated to the group with my camera. A smile and ' please go ahead '.
Later the group joined us at the table. What a night we had. One of the best evenings we have had in years and years. And the group...Just wonderful.
I took many shots..they saw it all. We exchanged email addresses. I have already sent them the ones they selected. Here are a few from the remaining batch..
Same gear? X-T1 and XF35/1.4?
Between Friends2 Member(s) liked this post
Color? Fuji knows a thing or two about colors..no?
R, outstanding stuff.
Lovely photos, Rayyan! They transcend whatever equipment you were using.
love them all.
esp the b/w portraits
Between Friends5 Member(s) liked this post
ReeRay, Jorgen, Camping..much much appreciated. Thank you.
I asked for kosher food...
I have no more postage stamps. Postcards yes, many.
How did the XT-1 do? And paired with nothing more than the Fujinon 35/1.4.
For me, it did what I wanted it to do. 95% of the time. The other 5%?
Really, no camera would have managed the 5% in one way or another.
It is a compromise..always. Chasing new gear is a game of want, not need..in the majority of cases. At least for me it is.
Take small size camera, and after a certain fl, the lenses are as big and heavy as any 135 ff.
For me, and me alone..a 50mm lens and a 90 or 135 is more than enough to travel the world. It has done portraitist, landscape, closeups, street, museums, food.
Also dark night clubs. I sent the postcards to you.
So the last postcard, till I buy some more stamps..the XT-1 and the 35/1.4
Thank you for receiving my postcards.
Great series Ray
excellent shots - it seems you had a wonderful time
we just got back from our trip this evening . . . time for bed
Just this guy you know
Yes indeed, chasing new gear is more desire than need for most of us. Certainly for me it is, and I will listen to your thoughts: they align with my own meditations so closely.
"Equipment is transitory, photographs endure."
Dan, Jono, Godfrey and all friends who gave me of their time and comments to
thread, I am really grateful. For your encouragement and patience.
I wish you all well in your photographic journeys with whatever cameras you use.
Just have fun..life is too short to wrangle about which cam gear is better.
Thank you friends.
The modern character is at the first line of this page.
BTW, excellent captures, especially the B&W ones.