The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

China Postcards..

rayyan

I asked my guide, what the English was for the following image..

He tried to say something..stopped. Thought for a while. With a sheepish grin, he told me, he didn't know.

' There is no word for it, in English, that I know ', he said.

Indeed there isn't. There are some two or three words in English used to convey what the above sign means.

J

JohnW

Really enjoyed these, rayyan. Especially the BW portraits. So much character evident in them. What Fuji gear are you using?

BTW, your signature link isn't working.

John

rayyan

Hi John.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the trouble to comment. I really appreciate that.

I had a simple setup. Just the XT-1 and the Fuji 35/1.4

All images posted are with that one lens.

Take care pal.

Really enjoyed these, rayyan. Especially the BW portraits. So much character evident in them. What Fuji gear are you using?

BTW, your signature link isn't working.

John

Gbealnz

Holy heck, these are fantastic.
I am contemplating an X-T1, and have had the XF35 previously with the X-Pro1(s) I have had, it's a nice lens. These are stunning.
A nice small but powerful combo. Great eye for shots too of course.
Gary

rayyan

Thank you kindly, Gary. :salute:
I am waiting for the 90/2..

Best.

Holy heck, these are fantastic.
I am contemplating an X-T1, and have had the XF35 previously with the X-Pro1(s) I have had, it's a nice lens. These are stunning.
A nice small but powerful combo. Great eye for shots too of course.
Gary

rayyan

We had a big dinner..my wife and me. We were burning the calories off. Just wandering around.

We came across a bar cum restaurant. Outside and inside seating. Beautiful ambiance. Lovely evening. A group was playing. We took a seat outside. Pina coladas ( fruits only ) and some dessert.

The music began to grow on us. We ordered some more drinks. Felt like ' get on up..' The music was superb.

I went in. Indicated to the group with my camera. A smile and ' please go ahead '.

Later the group joined us at the table. What a night we had. One of the best evenings we have had in years and years. And the group...Just wonderful.

I took many shots..they saw it all. We exchanged email addresses. I have already sent them the ones they selected. Here are a few from the remaining batch..