The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Was blown away by this light modifier and Fuji xt1

bab

Just thought I would post this test shot with a light modifier I recently purchased. It's a PIXAPRO 170cm Giant parabolic Umbrella with wheeled stand from essential photo.
I set it up was a little bit of work at first not knowing how exactly to do it but not hard to do. Put a hensell strobe on it and corded to my Fuji xt1 with the 16-55. Turned the light to full power and it totally blew out the subject at 10 feet away. So I went for my light meter and didn't have it with me I finally dialed Dow the strobe to 1/4 power and produced this image. To me this light modifier is unreal!
I stood right in front of it didn't seem to block the light but I only shot a few images ran out of time.

Attachments

dmward

Nice Bab.
I've done similar with a PCB 86" PLM. Both soft silver and silver.

I place it high enough so the light is over my head shooting down a bit to the subject. Looks like you had yours in about the same relative location.