I am considering switching to the X-T1 for my On Set work and need the gear to be absolutely silent for working with actors during filming. I already tested the silent shutter with the X-T10 and it works perfectly I assume the X-T1 is the same.
I am considering all or several of the following lenses and need to know if any makes too much noise while autofocusing and or regular use.
1. 18-55mm: tested it, its very quiet but makes noise while stopping down aperture while shooting. Wide open, absolutely silent. I tend to shoot wide open most of the time so no issues here.
2. 50-140mm: read in a few places that it makes a weird annoying sound all the time. Have not used it.
3. 35mm f1.4: used it, seemed fine
4. 56mm f1.2: have not used it, also wondering about the low light AF accuracy
5. 90mm f2: no clue about this lens
thanks in advance!
plaase see my other test regarding the electronic shutter