The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-Pro2

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Will be hard decisions between XPRO2 and PenF ....
If I should choose, I think I would choose the Fuji, but that's for my use, which would mainly be travel photography.

- I assume it will still have the hybrid viewfinder
- Sensor is larger, and will be great in combination with legacy glass and a Speed Booster

But at the moment, I'm rather happy with what I have :)

Paul2660

Love the Fuji system. Just not the body of the X-pro.

Will wait for X-T2 or what ever.

It will be interesting to see some raw files. One of the rumors is uncompressed raw. Also curious on noise issues since this is still a APS-C chip.

Paul

Love the Fuji system. Just not the body of the X-pro.

Will wait for X-T2 or what ever.

It will be interesting to see some raw files. One of the rumors is uncompressed raw. Also curious on noise issues since this is still a APS-C chip.

Paul
No rumors anymore. I have gotten an email from Camera-info.com. There was a leak on the australian Fuji Site. They have PDFs of the official website with specs of the X-Pro2 :)

http://www.forums.camera-info.com/threads/fuji-x-pro2-first-opinions-and-impressions.11197/

JSRockit

I'd have to say that after a 4 year wait, this is underwhelming to say the least. There was no need for Fuji to wait 4 years to upgrade this camera.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I must say the more details come out about the X Pro2, the less interesting this camera gets. Especially the EVF with 2.3MP is old technology, since the Epson display with 4.4MP is already state of the art.

I must say the more details come out about the X Pro2, the less interesting this camera gets. Especially the EVF with 2.3MP is old technology, since the Epson display with 4.4MP is already state of the art.
Don't get too excited about that Epson tech. I've tried the SL a bunch of times and even once next to a A7sII. I prefer the Sony finder. The SL's finder does show fewer pixels nd things have less of a rough edge around them, but the actual screen sucks. Tones just look weird, blacks even worse, and you still need to zoom in to focus. The XT-1's finder is still probably the best I have used, and only because it has better magnification than the current Sony's. Leica sycophants can't admit this but that EVF sucks.

Paul2660

I agree the LCD on the X-T1 is one of the best. Hoping that with the X-T2 or whatever it is called, similar or even better LCD will be used.

Paul C

Lars

Off-topic... Vivek, I have to chip in here, sorry - I'm sure you already know this but for posterity - camera makers use "dots" as units for EVFs to inflate numbers. There are three dots per pixel (RGB), so a 2.3 million dot display really is 1024x768 or thereabout, and Epson's 4.4M dot EVF display is probably 1440x1050. So we're not yet at 1080p EVFs.

Update: here are Epson's specs: http://www.epson.jp/osirase/2015/151209_2.htm?fwlink=jptop_news_151209_2
Indeed it is 1440x1050 (SXGA+).
-Lars

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Leica sycophants can't admit this but that EVF sucks.
I don't know what sets "Leica sycophants" apart from other Leica users, but apparently, the viewfinders of their cameras double as a vacuum cleaner.

- Is that a standard feature on the SL or must it be ordered as an add-on?
- Is the feature only available to sycophants, or can anybody order it?

--

As for the X-Pro2, I went through the most important features, and it seems to have what I would require from this kind of camera:

- Hybrid viewfinder as on the previous model, but with diopter adjustment added
- 24MP
- Mechanical shutter, 1/8,000s, electronic/mechanical shutter, 1/32,000s
- Buffer that rooms 83 frames of losslesly compressed RAW at 8fps.
- 2 SD slots

Hopefully, image quality is at least on par with the older model. All in all, this looks exactly like the camera that I was expecting from Fuji. I won't rule this model out at all. It's the only mirrorless camera with a hybrid viewfinder and with the specifications above, it seems to be able to compete with any crop sensor body out there, and some of those with full frame. With some luck, they've improved video quality as well.

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Ok folks, had another look at the final specs and material about the X Pro2 and must eat my words from yesterday!

This is an interesting camera. Very interesting in fact. Maybe the EVF resolution is good enough when it is as in the XT1, but all the other advancements are just great. Cannot wait to get my hands on one!

retow

I might ditch the A7IIr for this one. Looks, feels, works like a real camera and the RF gestalt with hybrid VF provides a unique user experience.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lost your mind? :confused:
I can see several reasons why I would choose this Fuji over any Sony mirrorless:

- The hybrid viewfinder
- A rather complete range of native lenses from Fuji ranging from 15-600mm eqv., plus a 1.4x TC
- I like the output from Fuji
- I like the ergonomics of the Fuji bodies, including real aperture rings etc.
- I prefer a camera maker that spends 4 years to develop the next model rather than launching a few of them every 12 months.

... but that's me.