The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-T2... oh bugger

Paul2660

X-T2, probably the most known about "new" camera Fuji ever made. Looks great, sad to have to wait to mid September for the actual cameras.

Paul C

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
X-T2, probably the most known about "new" camera Fuji ever made. Looks great, sad to have to wait to mid September for the actual cameras.

Paul C
Fine to wait to September to

- Sell the rest of my Nikon gear
- See what the E-M1 will be like
- See what the GH5 will be like

- Figure out what to do next :p

segedi

I'm waiting... and have been since I sold the X-T1 a month ago...

Can wait to buy one until after the first firmware release though!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Wait for the X-T3 ... :ROTFL:
This is the X-T3. When the X-Pro2 was launched, without a bigger battery or the option for a battery grip, without the video options I need and without an articulated screen, I didn't expect the X-T2 to fix all that, and I went with m4/3. Now, they've fixed all of the above and more too. Must be the X-T3 then :ROTFL:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Then I thought "(Un)fortunately, Fuji doesn't have anything that competes to my favourite m4/3 lens, the Zuiko 75mm f/1.8. That was until I realised that the Fuji 90mm f/2 is exactly that and maybe even more.

This is starting to become tricky, Mr. Fuji :facesmack:

Knorp

This is the X-T3. When the X-Pro2 was launched, without a bigger battery or the option for a battery grip, without the video options I need and without an articulated screen, I didn't expect the X-T2 to fix all that, and I went with m4/3. Now, they've fixed all of the above and more too. Must be the X-T3 then :ROTFL:
Speaking of 'articulated' screen: the K1's is pretty cool, but I think Fuji did a fine job too.
I like it better than the EM1's or GX8's implementations.

But then what lens ... :rolleyes:

Tim

Fine to wait to September to

- Sell the rest of my Nikon gear
- See what the E-M1 will be like
- See what the GH5 will be like

- Figure out what to do next :p
I figure I will hope the XT-1 will drop to $500. Then pick up a bargain.
Although I really like that portrait tilt on the X-T2 screen, I could use that.

I don't suppose the Fuji APS-C Lenses will cover their MFM? - ONLY JOKIN!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Speaking of 'articulated' screen: the K1's is pretty cool, but I think Fuji did a fine job too.
I like it better than the EM1's or GX8's implementations.

But then what lens ... :rolleyes:
I like the GX8 implementation the most, partly because of the flexibility and most of all because it can be turned inwards, protecting the screen and removing an element of distraction. The X-T2 solution is not bad though, and certainly better than on the E-M1. I expect the E-M1 II to get the GX8 solution though.

raist3d

The X-T2 capabilities simply look absolutely stunning. There's no other way to say it.

If Fuji did this camera as an X-E3 and ideally a tad smaller than the X-E2/X-E1 line, then it would make me think about going back to Fuji.

But I still respect what they did here.

- Ricardo

V

Vivek

Why is this thread? :confused:

Isn't this an old camera? There is even a picture thread for it.....:confused:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Why is this thread? :confused:

Isn't this an old camera? There is even a picture thread for it.....:confused:
There's a picture thread for it because the sensor, and probably the processing, is the same as with the X-Pro2, but it was launched yesterday.

med

Well done, Fuji! I will certainly be ordering one, but will probably wait for the first firmware update and/or the first set of deals to be had.

Still very happy with the results I get from my XT-1 so I'm not in a rush... This will probably change when I test one out, though :)

Some things that I'm wondering about the XT-2...

-noticed that it has a new battery. Will there be any cross compatibility with current batteries/chargers? Would be unfortunate to have to maintain *another* set of camera specific batteries.

-new flash (finally!). Unfortunate that they elected for retro looks instead of IR focus assist. I hope it will be fully compatible with XT1 and x100s, although that would likely mean a firmware update, which may not happen. Hopefully Phottix and/or Profoto soon think it worthwhile to make a Fuji trigger. Would love take advantage of high speed sync. If HSS is exclusive to XT2 this may speed up my purchase plan...

rayyan

Yes.

Battery and chargers.

From the information i have gleaned from the web.

Well done, Fuji! I will certainly be ordering one, but will probably wait for the first firmware update and/or the first set of deals to be had.

-noticed that it has a new battery. Will there be any cross compatibility with current batteries/chargers? Would be unfortunate to have to maintain *another* set of camera specific batteries.

segedi

From what I've read, the batteries have better heat management. Better when shooting video, especially CPU/sensor intensive 4K.