The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji XT2 in Tanzania and Kenya

Elliot

Peter,

The photos and video were excellent. It would be a great commercial for the Fuji X-T2 and 100-400 lens. Of course, it is the photographer that makes the wonderful images.

A question for someone who has never been on or anywhere near a safari: how would a prime lens, such as the Pentax DA* 300mm on a K-3ii, work? I imagine it would be much better to have the considerable zoom abilities.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Peter,

The photos and video were excellent. It would be a great commercial for the Fuji X-T2 and 100-400 lens. Of course, it is the photographer that makes the wonderful images.

A question for someone who has never been on or anywhere near a safari: how would a prime lens, such as the Pentax DA* 300mm on a K-3ii, work? I imagine it would be much better to have the considerable zoom abilities.
Thanks for you friendly words!

The 300 on an APSC sensor would be a good focal length (450mm effective) for wildlife. Given that I shoot most of my images on safari in the range between 250-400 (something like 375-600 effective in APSC) the DA 300 would put me just in the middle of the range - not bad at all.

But I duo prefer the flexibility of a zoom all time over a fixed focal length.