The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MF GFA Fuji News far and few between

algrove

No news is good news, but interested to hear what and when we might be able to get our hands on one.

The LULA interview was good to see. This is a serious endeavor from Fuji.:clap:

V

Vivek

Unlike the "hand made in Sweden" company, they have not t declared their camera as a "global success"!

For that alone they deserve a two thumbs up!

D&A

I messed up it's the GFX.
Messed up or a slip up Louis? Maybe the GFA is the planned successor to the GFX and you forgot you NDA is still in effect about this unheard of new camera from Fuji (the GFA)....LOL!

Dave (D&A)

iiiNelson

This video was released a couple weeks ago. I think Fuji is learning from Hasselblad's issues and not releasing too much too soon. The camera needed to be announced with vague details of the release outside the tentative lens roadmap. I'm curious about if a next generation BSI 44x33mm chip with about 70mp will be announced shortly thereafter.

Seems like the Phase IQ4 is about due soon.

https://youtu.be/ePV7BbCoLUs

algrove

Happen to see this one. Too much video talk for me. Did like the comment that the lenses are made for 100MP and beyond.

iiiNelson

Yeah there was a lot about video but I'm happy to see that the GFX is "80-90%" about and designed around still photography.

algrove

Great to hear that they want it at a professional level. Exciting times. So many choices. Wonder if GFX2 will be 100MP.

iiiNelson

Great to hear that they want it at a professional level. Exciting times. So many choices. Wonder if GFX2 will be 100MP.
My guess is the next generation Sony cropped MF sensor will be somewhere in the 55-75 megapixel range. I doubt they'd go out of the way to match the FF chip for another generation or two beyond the current sensors.

teeraash

Fuji rep here slipped up and mentioned that GFX2 will likely have elect global shutter which will eliminate SS problem due to relatively larger focal-plane shutter of this camera and will mitigate disadvantages over other competing leaf-shutter systems. No need for nd filters and high speed flash sync would make the camera appeals to portrait photographers. Another feature to look forward to besides more mega pixels?

Last edited:
V

Vivek

More of a wishful thinking/ expectation than anything else. The tech isn't there yet to implement it even in their APS-C cams.

teeraash

Yep, it's a pure speculation to talk about specs of cameras that will be released 3y from now unless you're an engineer working on the project. Although the soft global shutter is more recent than the hard global but seem to be very promising. Actual example using soft global shutter to capture gunshot that depicts subject as we see it can be found in the link below.

Global & Rolling Shutters

Sorry for the :OT:

algrove

I am counting down the days. Only 100 days to go for first availability estimate from Photokina. Does that mean October 2017 like H estimates?

algrove

It could be very interesting if Fuji or some other manufacturer produced an adapter for G to Phase One SK lenses.