The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX System

Hulyss Bowman

I shoot weddings too man, but the new cameras are not just the same tech with higher res sensors. The AF in even the D750 is vastly more responsive than in the D700 (I shoot both simultaneously even now. 58/35 on a Hold Fast rig). Plus the lower noise at 3200-12,800 is pretty great at my receptions. Here in NYC it's dark dark dark, I'm enjoying the tech upgrades personally. Do I take advantage of all 25mp? Nah, but I do crop more freely. Even straightening a horizon could eat up a lot of resolution in a 12mp file sometimes. I don't print HUGE, but I do have an R3000, 13x19 printer. 11x14/13x19 is a great print size IMO. Big, but not a mural. A 12mp file can't even achieve 300dpi at 13x19, you need 20ish for that. My D750 slightly out resolves my max print size at 300dpi, that's the way I like it! Am I buying a GFX for weddings? No. I'm not getting one at all. I shoot 120 film for when I want 50-60mp files (from my scanner). But I'm glad the GFX exists. Maybe I'll get used one some day, or maybe my commercial work will take off. I see a lot more in the GFX than it's # of megapickles.
Well... I mostly shoot with manual lenses, because I'm good at it so AF is a good thing but there is no revolution between D700 AF and D810 AF, camera I use sometimes (and I prefer D700 AF point illumination). I live in pretty dark area too and never complained about ISO. Fine noise (<3200ISo) doesn't print especially on pearl paper, I also use the R3000. With experience, I do not have to crop anything, seriously. Difference between 300dpi and 200dpi (or interpolated at 300dpi) ... are not even visible on 13x19 AND are a photographer concern !! Not the client concern, they do not care they do not know. But I understand ppl enjoying technology upgrades, it is normal. I do too.

I can't see any reason to buy the X1D over the Fuji. Can you ?
Same here. Leaf shutters are fragile. Hasselblad seems more fragile than leaf shutters (it is just a name today). Fuji know what they are doing with MF.

Satrycon

Finally :)

prices in Yen >

GFX 50S:804,060円
GF63mmF2.8 R WR:193,860円
GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR:291,060円
GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR Macro:339,660円
Hマウントアダプター:80,460円
VG-GFX1(バッテリーグリップ):75,060円
EVF-TL1(EVFチルトアダプター):69,660円
NP-T125(バッテリー):15,012円
BC-T125(バッテリーチャージャー):9,936円
AC-15V(ACアダプター):12,420円

sizes > http://photosku.com/archives/2296/

iiiNelson

Looks like the M10 is very high end. Perhaps weather sealed and impact proofed and all that...
Yeah but the choice between a MF camera that provides another level of IQ and a 35mm camera really makes the choice easy for me. Maybe when the M10-Monochrom arrives I'll get one.

V

Vivek

Yeah but the choice between a MF camera that provides another level of IQ and a 35mm camera really makes the choice easy for me. Maybe when the M10-Monochrom arrives I'll get one.
If there is a decent trade in program, I will go for the M10 MM.

rayyan

OT, but for me I have a light out the door kit...

XPro-2, 14/2.8, 35/2, 50/2. How light can one go?
Of course, I am waiting for the DL series too;)

Just FYI for everyone:

EFC shutter confirmed up to 1/1000th of a second.

Electronic shutter confirmed to 1/16000th of a second.

Leaf shutter lenses will be available via GX645AF (Hasselblad H) adapter.

12 pin connection means that many more adapters are possible...perhaps that means Contax and Mamiya? Older 120 lenses would not require pins.

14bit not 16 bit.

The Fujifilm GFX Facts & Specs Updated… + Join Damien Lovegrove & Co at the Fujifilm GFX Facebook Group! – Fuji Rumors

This thing appears to be a slam dunk, depending on how it really performs in the field. I think the X1D is a beautiful camera, but I personally would never consider it now.

Last edited: