The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Monument Valley B&W Special

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Been working with this image all morning and came up with some really nice B&W prints from it. So this image is 15 x19 including signature printed on Velvet Art Paper. I am going to limit this to 10 prints. I will ship in roller tube for free at a price of 125 dollars. International shipping is extra.

Image details shot in January 2009 in Monument Valley at sunset 5:21 Pm with Phase One P25+ back with 150 D lens at F13. Hope you can find a way to put it on your wall too enjoy. Thanks Guy

bensonga

My thanks to you and Jack for a great idea and making this all possible. I've decided to pull together a collection of prints from GetDPI members for display in my home. They will join a collection of favorite prints that I've received in print exchanges over the last 10+ years.

Your print is my first from GetDPI. I know the beauty of that 9 micron sensor capture will shine thru in a special way. :thumbs:

Gary

Seascape

Great looking capture Guy, it's nice to see people making superior B&W prints from digital files.......the location doesn't hurt either :cool:

bensonga

I would enjoy comparing this image printed on both the Velvet Fine Art matte and a fine art Baryta paper.

So if you decide to print this image on a Baryta paper someday, such as the Harman FB Al Gloss, I would love to purchase one of those too. Just let me know if/when one becomes available (in the same size print). I realize this set is limited to 10 prints and I'm assuming all of those will be on the VFA paper. I know from experience that printing the same image on a different paper can involve quite a bit of "tweaking" to get it right.

Gary

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

I will order some Baryta and gives it a try. But this set is on Velvet Fine Art for this series which actually looks really good. I did a lot of tweaking to get this just right. I also had another sale as well. What I do like is the Epson Exhibition Paper which Jack and I used on the small print set. I'm actually starting to collect different paper to keep in stock and try different things. Lot more to it than just sticking paper in the box I am finding out more and more. LOL

bensonga

To me, the print is the culmination of everything I enjoy about photography. While, I'm thankful for the opportunity to view and share images electronically, the print will always be my favored media for viewing a photographic image.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this print. I've only been to Monument Valley once (almost 30 years ago). Seeing this print on my wall will be a welcome reminder that I need to get back to MV again soon.

Gary

Ben Rubinstein

I'm only on my netbook but there is some georgous tonality to this image with composition which really takes advantage of the flow of the tones.

MikeScecina

Workshop Member
Hey, Guy, I was able to unwrap my Monument Valley print yesterday afternoon and I must say it's a beautiful piece of work indeed. To you and the other masters residing here on the forum making your prints so easily available, a hearty thanks.

Mike

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Mike let it sit out a day or two and you could also reverse roll it on the tube. Make sure you protect the surface when you do. This paper has some curl to it

bensonga

Hey, Guy, I was able to unwrap my Monument Valley print yesterday afternoon and I must say it's a beautiful piece of work indeed. To you and the other masters residing here on the forum making your prints so easily available, a hearty thanks.
Mike
My print arrived today Guy and I want to echo Mike's comment.......it is a beautiful image and print! Really outstanding. It has a 3 dimensional look that I did not expect. Whether its from that 9 micron sensor, the optics or your processing and printing technique I don't know....but it's pretty darn amazing!

I've seen many fine prints over the past several years. Your print is right up there with the best of them.

I may not be the first, but I doubt I will be the last, to order one of these on the Exhibition Fiber paper also. PM on it's way to you soon.

Gary

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Gary. Got your order with Exhibition Fiber which is also really really nice looking. I think 5 left on this one and I also do have this of Cathedral Rock outside Monument Valley. That is really nice as well if someone wants this also. I will go Exhibition Fiber also. I bought 3 17 inch rolls of it just for this type of printing.

bensonga

Thanks Gary. Got your order with Exhibition Fiber which is also really really nice looking.
Thanks Guy. I sent you a Paypal just a few minutes ago.

That Cathedral Rock image is stunning too. I'd better hold off on that one for awhile. Too many B&W prints showing up at my door in one week might cause a little tension in the household. I'd better pick out a couple of color prints before I buy any more B&W (which are my favorites).

Gary