The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Frank Petronio Print for Week of September 27, 2010 (SFW) "Meagan and Shakti Dancing"

Frank Petronio

Not Available
Frank Petronio Print for Week of September 27, 2010 (SFW) "Meagan and Shakti Dancing"

This week's image is of Meagan and Shakti, dancing in the rain, at night, on Main Street in Old Forge, New York.

Other photographers seem to be my biggest audience so I've decided to offer GetDPI members one print selection per week at a 50% discount from my usual $300 direct price.

The print selection will cost $150 plus shipping ($9 domestic or $27 international) paid via PayPal. Rest assured these are good looking black-and-white and color gallery-quality Epson inkjet prints that have received many compliments from and "fooled" many respectable analog photographers. They are most often 11x14-, 11x15.4-, or 9x13.5-inch images printed from a Harrington RIP on to 13x19 Harman FB Gloss inkjet paper. I "sign" the prints with a small, subtle yet legible typeset signature. The B&W print color is a warm neutral without any metamerism but with a slight bronzing when the print is viewed from an low oblique angle. Of course I can make smaller prints on request but I won’t charge any less as the material costs are minimal and the cost of the print is really based on the content itself. I ship prints between two sheets of sturdy foamcore.

If you're interested in other prints from my portfolios please feel free to inquire and we can negotiate a reasonable group sale.

Please note that the best way to communicate with me is simply to email me directly at "f at frankpetronio dot com".

You can see more of my work at my weblog and gallery: http://frankpetronio.com/ and my extended portfolios (in Flash!): http://www.frankpetronio.net/

Frank Petronio

Not Available
Re: Frank Petronio Print for Week of September 27, 2010 (SFW) "Meagan and Shakti Danc

Oh and this was made with a lowly Panasonic G1 and kit lens after beers. I took the girls up to the Southern Adirondaks in the September off-season between Summer and Leaf-peeping. There was only one open bar on a weeknight but the girls had gotten thrown out of the bar early because the townie girls didn't like their boyfriends staring at and hitting on them, so the bartender gave us shots and asked us to leave.

Oh well, we just kept shooting.