The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Silver M8

charlesphoto

Up for grabs here is a sliver M8 with grip. Comes with battery of course and all original packaging.

This was my first M8 purchased in March of 2007 and has served me well. I will be keeping my other upgraded M8 and have a M9 coming next week.

Camera has been used but certainly not abused. The only issues I have had with it were sticky framelines, a common problem endemic to all M's film or digital. It was fixed in May of this year. Leica replaced the entire mask assembly as well as gave the camera a good go through and rf calibration (focus is spot on). See the certificate.

There are some scratches on the rear screen. I tried to use protectors but they wouldn't always stay on. Oh well. Certainly doesn't affect the performance of the camera. I did take a pic that clearly shows them but under normal light not nearly as noticeable. Small scuff on the top plate and otherwise just normal use. Grip is mint.

Asking $2100 for body and grip. Will consider reasonable offers. I'm not desperate for the cash so no lowballs please. I will be leaving for Europe for two weeks on the 17th. I will eat paypal at asking price - echeck is good though will take longer. Paypal 3% on offers.

I'm a member in good standing here having bought and sold. My ebay id is charlesphoto - 100% positive. This is a beauty and I hate to sell. Of course my wife has to come in and say she likes this one best!

For photos taken with it check out my website - Istanbul, Battlesim, and some of the editorial galleries.

charlesphoto

$2000 Paypal included and free Fed Ex 3 day shipping to CONUS.

Note: I really exaggerated the screen scratches in the photos above. Under normal light and when viewing images on the monitor they are really not very noticeable. They were made with the front filter ring of lenses while changing - an old habit from film M days (cupping lens in palm of hand and holding body over it with tips of fingers while putting on a new lens) and did not notice I was doing this.

charlesphoto

Thought I would post this answer to a members question about condition:

Bottom plate of both the grip and regular body plate have the original plastic film on them. Film is a bit scuffed up as would be expected. Sides of the plates are mint. The body covering is mint. Top has a few slight surface scuffs. Viewfinder glass is mint. Sensor is clean - cleaned by Leica I guess at inspection. I haven't used the camera except to test it since it came back as it is now my backup and haven't needed to use it as such fortunately.