The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Canon Glass

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
1) SOLD: Canon USM 28 f1.8. This is a very good copy optically. Lens is excellent overall showing only slight signs of use. Includes caps, original box and paperwork and even the optional lenshood, also in box. Asking $395

2) SOLD: Canon 20-35 f2.8 L. This lens is in very good shape and a very good performer optically. I like it because it's *much* smaller and more compact than any of the 16/17-35 zooms and a lot less expensive. Includes caps and hood and original Canon leather case. Asking $450

3) SOLD: Canon 14mm f2.8 L, ver 1. This lens is butt ugly on the outer barrel showing lots of use. The glass however is very good except for one tiny pin-prick sized flaw in the coating on the front element. Functions perfectly. Includes rear cap, no front cap, no box or case. Asking $950

Paypal or check is fine, PM or email me if interested. Direct email is jack-at-getdpi-dot-com.

28:

And here is a shot taken with this 28:

fotografz

Re: FS: Canon Glass

Jack, I'd like my assistant to buy that 20-35/2.8L. I'll contact her first thing this AM and if she wants it I'll buy it from you using my Pay Pal bank.

I'm sure she will be interested, but I had better check with her first.

-Marc

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

20-35L is on hold for Marc!

BTW folks, for those that aren't aware of this lens, it is a real bargain in the Canon L series. It's an older lens, predecessor to the 17-35 and 16-35's. It performs exceptionally well and covers 4 main primes -- 20, 24, 28 and 35 -- all in a package that is only slightly larger than Canon's own 20mm prime! Performance is quite good, even on the 20+ MP bodies. It's only shortfall is it shows vignette/lighting falloff at the 20mm setting until about f4.5. However, this one shortfall can be used to creative effect.

FWIW,

fotografz

20-35L is on hold for Marc!

BTW folks, for those that aren't aware of this lens, it is a real bargain in the Canon L series. It's an older lens, predecessor to the 17-35 and 16-35's. It performs exceptionally well and covers 4 main primes -- 20, 24, 28 and 35 -- all in a package that is only slightly larger than Canon's own 20mm prime! Performance is quite good, even on the 20+ MP bodies. It's only shortfall is it shows vignette/lighting falloff at the 20mm setting until about f4.5. However, this one shortfall can be used to creative effect.

FWIW,
Jack, marked this lens as sold! I'll pay for it, and collect from my assistant. She was about to buy a 24-70/2.8 and I thought this was a better idea since she already has a 50/1.4 and a 100/28 macro for her 5D.

BTW, if I shot Canon I'd be all over this lens ... Irakly has one and would never sell his to me back when I shot Canon. The vignetting at 20mm is actually a desired effect for wedding photography.

Jack, PM your Pay Pal address and I'll send you the money and my shipping address. Or your mailing address and I'll send a check and you send the lens.

Thanks,

-Marc

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

28 and 14 are still available and I am open to offers!

M

meilicke

When I was shooting Canon, I loved the 28 1.8. Nice and sharp with great depth of field control. If I ever go back to the Canon, this is the first lens I will buy!

Erik Five

Im tempted to make an offer on the 14, but wont have the money until a couple og days and it needs to be shipped to either Member monza in tx or to me in Norway. I have sold a d lux, but money needs to come into my account ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Erik's offer on the 14 has been accepted, but it is not finalized yet until he can confirm he can make the payment.

I have had a few serious inquiries on the 28, but nothing has been confirmed as of this post.

Thanks for looking,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Dropped price on my 28 kit to $395... Help me find a home for this one!