The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica R, CZ/Sony 24-70, Minolta 28-135 feelers

RDG

At the alternative lens crossroads, sending out feelers, have the following lenses I'm considering selling. 100 percent feedback on Fleabay, but primarily an alternative lens and info buff here on Guy's site, worked with him early on for alternative suggestions for the original 5D, but that was several years ago.

Leica 19mm V2, converted and shaved!, "A Tri-Leica 19mm V2" purchased from Mark at 16-9, rear mount shaved for his 5D, my 5D mirror removes paint from the shaved rear mount, but the lens performed amazingly focused slightly closer than infinity. Moved up to A900 and converted the lens with Leitax Minolta/Sony A mount for A900. With the original Leica R ROM mount.

Leica apo 100 macro ROM, purchased from Son, considering the Leitax A mount conversion for this one, depending on interest and possible purchase of a Leica 90mm or the Minolta 100mm f2.0 (see note on the Leica apo 280/4 also listed).

Leica apo 180/3.4 ROM, yes, I'd bit on this one as well. Not a Leica expert by no means but believe ROM added? See the note on AF for wildlife below.

Leica 280 apo 4 ROM, this one I'd sent out to Lloyd C., he had difficulties matching the heavy lens with stout EOS adapters, and apparently didn't want to pursue Leitax adapter for this lens, but he would be the very best source of unbiased info on the lens, don't know if his older forum posts are still available. I note now that the ROM contact strip has a "V" shaped dent, and I'm willing to discount the lens fairly from what I paid Son. I use the 280/300mm (publisher provides a 1DII and Canon 300mm with extenders for work) that I use for wildlife work only. I acquired a Minolta 200 2.8 G and the matching 1.4X teleconverter, and while it gives a bit of optical quality and softer colors away to the L280/4, the AF Minolta is catching the running swift fox and diving ospreys much better!

Also have the Leica apo 1.4x telextender -- try figuring out how to Leitax convert this combo!

CZ Sony 24-70mm, purchased new with the A900 earlier this year, trying to recoup enough to round out a prime lens landscape kit for the A900 and pay off the no interest loan.

ALSO: Visited with Bo-Ming Tong, I have a converted 24-85 Contax N lens, absolutely superb on the 5D, a one-lens landscape kit. It has developed problems working with my 5D's AF, and my Canon 70-300 DO IS has as well, Bo-Ming Tong sent me his mailing address and I plan on sending it to him for his quality work so I can offer a bill of health for a great lens before sale.

Also have a Minolta 28-135mm lens that is an amazing optic within the few known glitches, no front shade, min. focus distance. Its qualities are well known.

To lay out the facts, I haven't made enlargements with most of the lenses, did have West Coast Imaging make a 20X30 from a 5D/Leica 19 file, super right to the edges. What I am seeing is how greedy the A900's sensor is for corner coverage, but only have AR for raw conversion, and wonder if 100% pixel peeping in the corners is really fair to the alternatives.

Went to the A900 because of manual focusing difficulties with the 5D, a much discussed subject here and on the other alternative sites.

Will be on the road next week but would certainly answer inquires if more info/photos/prices are needed. Won't be giving my drips, runs and errors away, but will offer fair prices with plenty of money back time.

RDG

RDG

Always read the rules first, here are prices I'm asking for the above.

L19V2 -- $1,700
100 apo macro -- $1,500
180/3.4 -- $800
L280/4 -- $3,000
Lapo1.4x -- $600
CZ 24-70 -- $1,350
Min 28-135 -- $400.

Whew!

RDG

RDG

Bill,

Sorry I don't often come back to the FS thread, I'd posted several images on another thread that asked about the 19. Still for sale although there have been others interested.

The British Columbia landscape taken with a 5D and the 19mm, again, I'd used the Leitax mount to convert the lens from Leica R to Sony/Minolta A mount, but have the R mount as well, and would include the Leica to EOS adapter that came with the lens.

Thanks for your interest

View attachment 23348

View attachment 23349

S

simonaboglea

Hi - is the Minolta 28-135 still available? Cheers