The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pending: Mamiya 645 AF 35 lens -- EXCELLENT copy!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here is another lens I am reluctant to sell, but just don't use much any more and I can use the cash if it can find a good home. First off, the Mamiya 35 AF is known to have a lot of variability and I went through three copies to get this one, which is very good. Most have pretty horrible corners. This one is excellent centrally through around 85% out, then falls off gradually to pretty good in the corners from f8 and up. I want to clarify it is not in the same league in the corners as say the 80mm D lens is, just so there is no misunderstanding. However, it was significantly better in the corners than any 45 AF lens I've tested. I used this lens mostly for wide-view stitches, and when you stitch, the corners mostly get replaced with really sharp areas. Cropped to about a 40mm FoV this lens is as good as any other basic Mamiya lens. However, now that I have a good copy of the 28 and confirmed I want to keep it over the 35, this lens has spent it's time in the cabinet unused. Anyway, this copy is in excellent condition overall and works perfectly, focus is dead on, and it shows hardly any signs of use. It includes the caps, hood and original box. I will get a photo up later this evening if it is still available. KEH sells this lens in LN- condition with caps and hood for over $1000, and since mine is a confirmed very good performer -- as good as I've seen from this lens -- I think that is a good starting point. So,

Asking $995 OBO. PM or email me if interested, jack-at-getdpi-dot-com.

Thanks for looking!