The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Paring down my Nikon lens kit

woodyspedden

Hey everyone.

I just bought the new Nikon 14-24 and 24-70 2.8 zooms so I now have redundancy in the form of my 28-70 and 17-35 2.8.s. Both lenses are in superb condition and the 28-70 (New $1499) is priced to sell at $750 and the 17-35 (new at $1499) is offered at $825. Lenses of this quality and at these prices just cannot be beaten.

I am also offering a mint copy of the Nikon 14 2.8 (new at $1419) for $725. Now that I have the new 14-24 there is no point in having this as well.

I am also offering the famous 28 1.4 in like new out of box condition. Weird that I shoot manual focus primes with all my Leica R and M stuff but seem always to gravitate to zooms with my Nikons. Probably pure laziness. Anyway, price for this beauty is $3250. Photos supplied on request

Woody Spedden

Last edited:
M

Mango

Hi Woody,

I sent you a PM on the 17-35mm, if it's still available.

Regards,
Mango

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Damn Woody did not realize or read your e-mail wrong on the 17-35. LOL

I can get Davids if i go this route

woodyspedden

Hi Woody,

I sent you a PM on the 17-35mm, if it's still available.

Regards,
Mango
It's yours Mango. You can either use Paypal and you pay the fees or you can wire transfer directly to me and we both save. You can check here on the forum to confirm that no one who has dealt with me has ever had a problem and I have sold almost $40K worth of gear here.

PM me with all the details e.g. your address etc

Woody Spedden

woodyspedden

Damn Woody did not realize or read your e-mail wrong on the 17-35. LOL

I can get Davids if i go this route
Guy

I apologize for any confusion. I was not going to sell it and thought you had already been in contact with David K regarding his. But after thinking it through it was clear that I did not need and would probably not use both the 14-24 and the 17-35 and am really trying to save up for the long glass

Best

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Woody not even a issue , i read your e-mail backwards somehow. I thought you were looking for one. LOL

No worries my friend I have Davids coming. Back to broke now:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Guy

I apologize for any confusion. I was not going to sell it and thought you had already been in contact with David K regarding his. But after thinking it through it was clear that I did not need and would probably not use both the 14-24 and the 17-35 and am really trying to save up for the long glass

Best

Woody
Woody I see you are considering some long glass. I enjoy shooting sports and I acquired the 200-400 VR and a 1.4 extender . I have found the 1.4x and the 70-200 VR to be a great combination as well. These are not up to the image quality of the R module system but for sports the advantages of continuous autofocus,high ISO and variable focal lengths seem to out weight the differences. If I was shooting Wildlife I would prefer the Primes . I have seen the new 400 and 600 Nikkors ...sorry just too heavy.

woodyspedden

Woody I see you are considering some long glass. I enjoy shooting sports and I acquired the 200-400 VR and a 1.4 extender . I have found the 1.4x and the 70-200 VR to be a great combination as well. These are not up to the image quality of the R module system but for sports the advantages of continuous autofocus,high ISO and variable focal lengths seem to out weight the differences. If I was shooting Wildlife I would prefer the Primes . I have seen the new 400 and 600 Nikkors ...sorry just too heavy.
Just what I need Roger, another lens I cannot lift!!! Oh well, I should just keep the R 280 4.0 and the 1.4 extender and be done with it. Best of all image quality and not so large and heavy. Problem is I sold my DMR so I have to shoot temporarily with my 5D. Not really where i want to be.

Best to Carolyn from Phyllis and i

Woody

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Just what I need Roger, another lens I cannot lift!!! Oh well, I should just keep the R 280 4.0 and the 1.4 extender and be done with it. Best of all image quality and not so large and heavy. Problem is I sold my DMR so I have to shoot temporarily with my 5D. Not really where i want to be.

Best to Carolyn from Phyllis and i

Woody
I agree ...I still use my 180 2.8 APO and the 1.4 a ton on the DMR. That is an amazingly balanced combination. The 200-400Vr is actually pretty easy to use on a monopod from a fixed location but not for walking around.