The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Feeler: Safari Leica M8.2 Set, Mint+

bradhusick

This is just a feeler. I am not sure that I want to sell it, but here is my set, one of the 500 Safari M8.2 sets ever made. Totally complete, totally mint (except for super-slight wear on the neck strap), in the original boxes including the outer brown cardboard box, blank reg cards, Billingham case never ever used. These listed for $10,000 and when they were available sold for $8995. I will sell it for slightly less if someone is interested. PM me if you have had your eyes on this for a while.

By the way, aside from the silly white M8, this is the only way to get a silver anodized 28mm elmarit (super light weight, not like the silver-on-brass ones!)

Last edited:

Terry

Brad,
you do have a treasure trove of goodies. I liked the Safari Edition. Perhaps after I digest my new home purchase in SF !

bradhusick

And you wouldn't believe what phenomenal black & white photos you can get from it! Honestly, I don't know if I am going to sell it after all.

bradhusick

Look closely and you'll see that none of the bags on B&H or Adorama are exactly like the Safari bag in the kit. Check the straps and oval patches and the bottom corners. The combo case is close, but only in black or tan.

(like it's a big deal! ;))