The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M8u

rondeb

This was off-the-market for a bit, but now ready to sell again.
Purchased Dec. 06 and had shutter and vulcanite upgrades in Dec. 08. Body has a few light rub marks from my Domke bag, but no dents, etc.(see pics).
When 1st listed, I noticed a hot pixel and thus the vertical line problem. The camera is under warranty till Dec. and now getting a new CCD and full check-up at Leica NJ. I've been told "done this week".
This should be great news to buyers worried about sensor issues and mechanical condition!

I'm asking $3000 and will take best offer + paypal. I'll even throw in a Leica leather half case for $0.

Please pm/email me for large pics and questions.

Best,
Ron

Last edited:

rondeb

I will sell in the next day or 2, so please make offers!
btw - I'm only selling because I recently bought Seal's Panda M8.2 and I'm getting an M9 - just need 2 bodies.

rondeb

Quick update. Some bad, some good.
Spoke with Leica this morn - camera will NOT be done this week. Technician is in Germany for something. Looks like a couple more weeks.
GOOD NEWS! - after sensor replacement, CCD is warrantied for an additional year. I will mediate for new owner if warranty repair is needed.
-Ron