The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: M 135 APO Telyt 135mm f3.4

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I went on a lens-buying spree with my M9, but have finally settled on a small set of lenses that I'll keep as my M9 kit. The lenses below ended up being redundant.

All prices are NET to me - buyer to pay any paypal/shipping costs.

Leica M 135 Telyt f3.4 APO (black) - $1,800
Serial number: 3910768
Included: front/rear caps, leather pouch

This is a very useful focal length on the M9, but just isn't getting enough use from me to justify keeping it. The lens is very clean, with the only signs of use being a couple of pin-prick marks on the built-in hood. Glass is clean with no issues.

Leica M 50mm Summilux (pre-asph) f1.4 (black) - $1,400 SOLD
Serial number: 3484302
Includes: Rear cap, generic front cap, Leica metal lens hood, and lens hood cap, leather pouch

This is not the most recent E46 version (with built in hood). This is the E43 version 2 (clip on metal hood). The optics are the same as the last E46 pre-asph version, and this one will focus down to 0.7M just like the latest version. I've temporarily hand-coded the lens with a sharpie marker (using Lens De-Coder), and it is properly recognized on my M9.

EDIT: This is a later "version 2" which does focus down to 0.7M, just like the latest E46 version of the lens.

The lens is in excellent condition. It's very clean with no significant marks or flaws, and only very minor traces of use. The glass is clear, the aperture ring clicks nicely, and focus is smooth. The lens is a nice performer on my M9, with the classic Leica "glow" when wide open, and then becoming razor sharp by f2.8. I'm very tempted to keep this lens, but there's just too much redundancy with my ASPH copy.

See photos below in this thread.

Zeiss ZM 21 f2.8 Biogon (black) - $850 SOLD
Serial number: 15551313
Includes: front/rear caps, box, manuals, square Zeiss metal hood

The lens is in excellent condition with minor signs of use. The rear flange has been replaced by a Milich version which has the slots carved out for 6-bit coding. The proper 6-bit code (for Leica 21 f2.8 Elmarit) has been "hand-painted" (black and white enamel paint) into the slots by the original owner, and the lens is properly recognized on my M9 in Auto lens-detect mode.

Leica M 75 Summicron f2.0 APO ASPH (black) 6-bit coded - $2,400 SOLD
Serial number: 3995273
Included: caps, built-in hood, leather pouch, original box, all papers (unfilled passport papers)

This one is tough for me to sell, but I've decided on the 90 APO, and can't afford to keep both. The lens is in excellent condition with no flaws or issues. Glass is very clean. Focus is spot-on on my M9. This thing is just razor sharp, even wide-open.

Voigtlander 40mm Nokton f1.4 "Classic" (black) - $300 - SOLD
Serial number: 9821099
Includes: front/rear caps, box, manuals, documentation, retail receipt

I purchased this lens new from Photo Village in July/09, and it has been very lightly used. The lens is in excellent condition with no flaws or issues.

Last edited:

DaveS

Re: FS: ZM 21 f2.8, 50 Summilux (pre-asph), 135 f3.4 Telyt

Hi Mike,

PM sent on the 21,

thanks

Dave

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: FS: M 50 Summilux (pre-asph), M 50 135 f3.4 Telyt

And here are some photos of the 135 Telyt. You can see the two small white pin-pricks in the first image. Everything else you see is just dust on the surface. The lens is actually cleaner than it looks in these images.

woodyspedden

Re: FS: M 50 Summilux (pre-asph), M 50 135 f3.4 Telyt

Mike

Congratulations on the sale of many of your very fine lenses. I too have the wonderful 50 Lux pre-asph (very late version with the internal hood!) and just love the way it draws. However I also think the asph version is much better for certain types of shooting so I just closed on a new chrome silver version at the old price of $3095! Good deal for me.

Now I have to decide if there is really any need for keeping both lenses. I suspect not so I am likely to sell the pre-asph and, with luck, get a new Nocti 0.95. There is no doubt that this lens is totally different from both the 1.4 asph and pre-asph. So you can absolutely produce shots that you can get no other way.

I think I may be getting certifiably nuts so anyone that can help me through this GAS would be a welcome partner for me.

Help

Woody

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: FS: M 135 APO Telyt 135mm f3.4

Congrats Woody. I think for the M8 it may make sense to keep both, as 50mm can be used for portraits with the 1.3 crop, and the pre-asph is a wonderful portrait lens when wide open.

For me, on the M9, they are too redundant, so I'm just sticking with the ASPH version.