The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 135mm F2.8 Elmarit-M, 2nd Version

John Black

This 135mm Elmarit-M is in like-new condition. I'm the second-owner. The original owner said he seldom used the lens on his film M's, and judging by the lens' condition, I have no reason to doubt his claims. This is the 2nd version of the 135mm Elamarit-M; the original version has the scalloped focus ring. The 2nd version has improved contrast at F2.8 This is the last version of the 2nd generation with an E55 front filter and built-in sliding hood.

I've been using the 135mm Elmarit-M from time to time on the M8 and have had good results. The lens focuses accurately. The goggles integrate a 1.4X magnification and the lens pulls up the 90mm frame-lines. Performance is very good. In very bright conditions F2.8 has some of the Leica glow. Stopping down to F4 clears that up. In normally lit conditions the 135mm Elmarit is very good performer wide-open. At F5.6 I don't see how the 135mm APO could be any better (just my $.02).

The glass is clean, clear and free of any fungus or haze. Aperture ring clicks precisely. Focus is smooth. I do not see any paint-loss or brassing on the lens barrel. Tripod sockets looks unused (no paint loss).

Sale includes the lens and original front rear lens caps. $550 shipped and paypal'd in the US.

fotografz

You are too impatient John. :lecture:

I would have taken it at the asking price. :eek:

Man, on this site you snooze for just an minute and you lose. :banghead:

John Black

Marc - you've spent far too much money lately :) I knew the lens needed to be sold quickly to keep your ledger clean. The lens was sold to another fine member here, so it's in the family so to speak.