The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8 and 90 Summicron Pre APO

jeffwros

$2250
Leica M8 "classic".
Good used condition. The photos should reveal that, while not abused in any way, this camera has been used (some hairline marks on black chromed areas). The LCD is in very good condition with, again, a few hairline marks with no gouges or severe scratching. In use you don't notice it but I'm doing my best to convey that this is not a "mint" body.

Comes with box, charger, manual, strap. I have two extra batteries available for $25 each.

$750
90mm Summicron Pre APO. 6-bit Coded.
I got this one a few months ago from Ken Hansen. Wonderful lens in fine condition. I'm just not using it enough for how I shoot M's and, also, the silver looks a bit goofy (IMHO) with the black bodies I have.

This lens came from Ken as is: No box, papers or pouch. Comes with both caps. I have a B+W UV/IR filter available for $50 extra.

I am able to accept direct CC payment online or over the phone. If you want to use PayPal I will split the fee with you to bring the sub-total to cost + 1.5%. Shipping via FedEx 3-Day Select, 2-Day or Next Day. Shipping is actual cost depending on how you would like it shipped.

Thank you for your interest!

jeffwros

PM's replied. The SN for the 90 Summicron is 36155xx.

Thank you all for your continued interest. All items remain for sale as of this posting.

jeffwros

Wow, batteries were a hot item are are no longer available. Camera & lens still up. Moving to auction soon. Thanks!

jeffwros

I've had a few people today asking roughly the same question: "how attached to these prices are you?"

Please feel free to send me your offer. By the end of the weekend, if these haven't sold, I'll look at the offers and either accept the best I get or put them to auction.

Thanks again, everybody, for your interest!

jeffwros

Leica M8 now $2150 shipped includes PayPal fees (direct CC still available). 90 Summicron $750 shipped includes PayPal fees.

Shipping via FedEx 3 Day Select. Faster service available extra.

eBay ID: wros.com

Thanks!

John Black

I don't know Jeff and have no vested interest in his sale, but I can speak for the Leica 90mm Summicron-M non-APO E55. Jeff's price is very good, especially in-consideration of the 6-bit coding and the very high serial number. If you're on the fence about the 90mm and would like to see some samples from a similar 90 'cron, click here, then click "Sample Pictures by Lens & Camera", then "Leica 90mm F2 Summicron-M..." (it's 5th in the list). All pictures in that gallery were taken with a M8. The bang-for-buck on the 90 'Cron is very good, and I use it on the M8 without a magnifier. I had 90mm APO prior to the non-APO; I find the non-APO more forgiving with close-up subjects.

Good luck with your sale Jeff.

jeffwros

Thanks for the good words, John! Much appreciated ...I'm going to check out your link a bit later, myself. Thanks for sharing!

The 90 Summicron is sold! The M8 remains for sale. Offers are welcome.

Sirfishalot

I don't know Jeff and have no vested interest in his sale, but I can speak for the Leica 90mm Summicron-M non-APO E55. Jeff's price is very good, especially in-consideration of the 6-bit coding and the very high serial number. If you're on the fence about the 90mm and would like to see some samples from a similar 90 'cron, click here, then click "Sample Pictures by Lens & Camera", then "Leica 90mm F2 Summicron-M..." (it's 5th in the list). All pictures in that gallery were taken with a M8. The bang-for-buck on the 90 'Cron is very good, and I use it on the M8 without a magnifier. I had 90mm APO prior to the non-APO; I find the non-APO more forgiving with close-up subjects.

Good luck with your sale Jeff.
John,
Wow your images are fantastic!
The one of your wife on the cruise ship is mind blowing.
I can see now that hanging around here can be dangerous on the bank account.

JayT