The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Mamiya ZD Kit Camera

PSon

FS: Brand New in the box Mamiya ZD camera kit. I only open up the box but no shutter count yet.
Price: $9,850.00 delivered to your door overnight (free overnight shipment and insured)

PSon

for you and Jack I will cut the price down even more. But David K's back is a very good deal. In fact if I am in the market I take his ZD back over my ZD camera kit.

David K

Workshop Member
I'd say it depends on what your budget is... my back plus an AFD will certainly save several thousand dollars over the cost of new. Maybe more important news is that the upcoming Capture One release will handle files from the ZD. This is a big plus and probably not something that would ever have happened if Phase and Mamiya didn't hook up.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guys, help me understand the economics of buying a used system --- I'd really like to relieve either one of you of your surplus goods :)

A brand new kit which includes an AFD-II camera, 80mm lens and the ZD back with full new warranty is $9995 and in stock at B&H. THe new back by itself is $6995. A new AFD-II kit camera is $4300...

Next, how does all this play out with Mamiya announcing the AFD-III and the updated ZD back for release by June? There is a good chance the new kit will be at the same price as the current one. Actually Leaf has already announced a free AFD-III kit with purchase of a new 75S --- they'll ship you an AFD-II with a free upgrade coupon...

HELP!!!

David K

Workshop Member
Jack,
Son is better equipped to answer this question than I because of his familiarity with the differences between AFD and AFD II as well as what they can be bought for. I just checked ebay and there is a NIB AFD II, body only, for sale at a bit over $2k. Keh has an 80mm lens (Ex) for around $250. That puts you into an equivalent of the $9995 kit for around $8300. If you go with the AFD you can knock $1,000-1500 off this price depending on what you pay for the body.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Maybe more important news is that the upcoming Capture One release will handle files from the ZD. This is a big plus and probably not something that would ever have happened if Phase and Mamiya didn't hook up.
I agree. I use C1 for everything L/N/C, but have to use LightRoom ("have to" may be the wrong choice of words here) for ZD files. It'd be nice to have one sw handle all files... now C1v4.1 will. Hooray! :thumbs:

This marks the first non-Phase MF digital product support for C1. They have always locked out competitors up till now.

David

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
Son is better equipped to answer this question than I because of his familiarity with the differences between AFD and AFD II as well as what they can be bought for. I just checked ebay and there is a NIB AFD II, body only, for sale at a bit over $2k. Keh has an 80mm lens (Ex) for around $250. That puts you into an equivalent of the $9995 kit for around $8300. If you go with the AFD you can knock $1,000-1500 off this price depending on what you pay for the body.
I'm sure it's just me expectations being out of line with the realities of the market!

PSon

This does not seems right! You are making a sale pitch in my sale thread hmmm LOL

Response back to David K comment:
For my application the AFD is the only camera that meet my requirement. The differences in features between the AFD and AFD II are considered significant enough by some folks while not by others. Thus, this theme can also be applied to the upcoming new AFD III. However, I feel that the AFD III is a quick introduction and an acute remedy for Phase One. I believe the AFD IV is going to be more integrated to what Phase One want to do with their system. Thus, IMHO the rate of changes is still too steep and I would just pick up an AFD for this time and save the funding until the Phase One body is well developed. At the current price for the AFD body is not a risk and especially at David K's price for the digital sensor; it is too cheap not to considered your introduction to MFDB.

Personally, I will only use the AFD version and if I want something fast auto focus the Sinar Hy6 and for light weight and ergonomic the Contax 645 system and its incredible lens.

-Son

David K

Workshop Member
This does not seems right! You are making a sale pitch in my sale thread hmmm LOL
-Son
I certainly did take liberties with out friendship with my post but figured if I sell mine first I'll likely buy something from you anyway :) Just trying to help Jack sort things out... it does get confusing.

David K

Workshop Member
This may be a bit OT but... several years ago I decided to sell a set of golf clubs I had been using because the latest models seemed to offer more distance and better control. I just couldn't hit the ball farther than 140 yds with my 7 iron which was about 10-20 yds short of what I wanted. So I buy new clubs (Ping) and go to the local golf course to play a round and a guy hanging around the first tee asks if he can play with me. I say sure and, of course, this guy is playing with the same clubs I just sold. Third hole he's got a shot to the green... over water... but the ball needs to carry at least 180 yds or he's wet. I'm sure you know where this is going but just to confirm it, he takes out his seven iron (the one that wouldn't hit the ball more than 140 yds for me) and drops it on the green. There's a lesson in this story but I'm not sure that I've learned it yet :)