The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya ZD dSLR

John Black

To help fund the Leica M9 and hopefully another M lens, the Mamiya ZD is being sold. The ZD is in mint conditions and performs perfectly. I've owned the camera for a year and purchased it from the original owner (he lived in France). The camera has ~5000 clicks on it.

The ZD comes with its box, original packaging, manuals (in english), software, cables, IR filter, original battery plus 2 extra batteries. I'm also including a RRS quick release plate specifically for the Mamiya 645AFD bodies and a Sandisk 16 GB Extreme III card (30 MB/sec). A couple pix of the ZD with the Canon 1Ds3 are included for a size reference.

Price is $4500 net to me. The 80mm D is not included, but can be for $600 more.

Sirfishalot

Wow John,
Surprised to see you putting this beauty up for sale. The M9 must be a winner!
Awesome product shots as usual and a sweet camera!
Good luck with the sale man.

JayT

carstenw

I am sorry to see you sell this; I have enjoyed seeing the photos you have made with it, and reading your 645 blog entries. Good luck with the sale.

John Black

Thanks Jay and Carsten. Carsten - if the ZD doesn't sell, then maybe the M system will get the boot. We'll see. Honestly, I could either way on the M9. If the M set-up was sold instead and the ZD stuck around for another year or so, I could live with that just as well. Or, if Zeiss gets their machines warmed up and the 50/2 and 100/2 Makro-Planars are announced in the next 2-3 months, I may go back to shooting the 1Ds3 exclusively and sell the M and ZD. Making the choices is difficult because emotionally I like the ZD and M8 more than the 1Ds3, but the 1Ds3 sees more use. So while the choice are difficult, the good new is - there are lots of choices and I'd probably equally happy with any of them, just in different ways since each camera has its niche.

carstenw

Argh, no, no, sell the Mamiya! :)

You do buy and sell a lot. Is it an option to keep and save for longer?

John Black

Forgot to add, if someone has a LNIB M8.2 Black that they'd like to trade towards the ZD, I'd consider that as well.

John Black

Carsten - the problem is, it's been alot of buying lately, and not alot selling! LOL Joking aside, one system has to go. I might even take things a step further and downsize to one system. With the Zeiss ZE's starting to ship, hopefully we'll see the 50/2 and 100/2 at PMA. If / when that happens, I'm not even sure if I'll care about the M that much anymore. I have serious tunnel vision when it comes to the ZE's. I've shot with the ZF's, so I know the performance is there - it's just a matter of Zeiss producing them in the ZE mount.