The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Distagon 2.8/50 + Planar 2.0/110

PSon

Just bought the fisheye so something has to go. These two lens are very good copies in mechanics and resolution.

1. Hasselblad Distagon T* 2.8/50 F + lens hood ring
Condition: Mint minus
Price: $800

2. Hasselblad Planar T* 2.0/110 F
Condition: Mint minus
Price: $1200

Take both I will reduce the price down to $1900

PSon

Thanks Guy! I know these two lens will be great for Jack's ZD back. If you are interested in the ZD camera kit I will offer it only to you for $9000. However, I recommend the ZD back path more but for lighter weight the ZD camera kit is an option.

PSon

Both lens offer extremely close focusing distance. In fact, they both have the closest focusing distance that I know and not being a macro lens. The Distagon T* 2.8/50 F has an extreme close working distance of only 0.32 meter while the FE has 0.42 meter. In addition, the F version has a bigger image circle than the FE version. I love to use these two lens for portrait and general macro work; see the example below:

PSon

Jack, Guy et al.
If you have the Canon body and these Hasselblad lens and have the Canon body, you should consider getting the original Hasselblad to Contax RTS adapter. This option will let you have the chance to shoot with the Contax RTS tele-converter for macro work or for extension.

Contax 1.4x TC + Modified Canon 5D + 2.0/110; no sharpening in raw conversion

F2.0 (front and back bokeh with extreme selective focusing)

F5.6 (front and back bokeh with exceptional resolution)

PSon

here is the Hasselblad Planar T* 2.0/110 on the Leica DMR. The image below does not have the tele-converter but you can mount your Leica Apo TC on the Hasselblad 110 and the DMR.

PSon

Rob,
The flare was the only improvement as far as I can see. The F will be fine for those who only want the signature of the Planar T* 110. However, the 2.0/110 F is still a much superior flare resistance compared to the Contax 645 Macro-Planar T* 4.0/120 or any of the Zeiss 120 mm macro in strong background light. Recently I have done more test and have been able to built a mechanism for flare resistance and were able to define the type of flares and distribution percentage.

I still have one F 2.0/110 for anyone who is interested. These lens are very hard to get.

The F2.8/50 has great bokeh as you can see from the image.

Son

robmac

Thanks Son - I can feel my wallet starting to cringe. This is a wild comparison, but any thoughts on the 110 vs the 90 AA and CZ 100/2? Would be on a 1Ds2. I've used the 90, but neither of the Zeiss units.

BTW- drop me a note on the 110 - very interested.

PSon

Thanks Son - I can feel my wallet starting to cringe. This is a wild comparison, but any thoughts on the 110 vs the 90 AA and CZ 100/2? Would be on a 1Ds2. I've used the 90, but neither of the Zeiss units.

BTW- drop me a note on the 110 - very interested.
Rob, at wide open the 35mm format lens 2.0/100 C/Y is sharper but at F5.6 the 110 medium format lens is actually sharper especially in the center. The Hasselblad medium format 110 can focus extremely close up to 0.8 meter while the 100 mm F2.0 is at 1.0 meter. Not too many medium format lens can match or beat high end 35 mm format optics and the Hasselblad Planar T* 2.0/110 is one of those exceptional lens.

-Son

robmac

Thanks Son.

At the risk of cutting my own financial throat one nick at a time, you should start a subscription web site for high-end 35 and MF optics.

Any thoughts on CA/sensor bloom on either of the 100s? I know from John Black that the 100/2 can suffer from bloom. How about IQ vs. the 90 AA?

I may very well end up regretting this, but what are you asking for the 2nd 110/2 and is a hood included?

[email protected]

Thanks once again

R

PSon

the second Planar T* 2.0/110 F is sold. The first Distagon T* 2.8/50 F is sold and the second one is available.