The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB B+W 58mm UVIR (486) filter

D&A

Hi All,

I am looking for a used but with mint glass B+W 58mm 486 UVIR filter. In a previous post I also mentioned that I was looking for a used (but mint glass) 60mm UVIR filter either Leica's or B+W.

Please let me know if you have either or both 58mm and/or60mm UVIR filters. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi Klaus,

I have been using the 58mm B+W 486 on my Zeiss 18mm f4 lens and it's as effective as a Leica UVIR 55mm I used on that lens with a step ring. Most have found B+W's 486's to be extremely close to Leica's UVIR filters and little difference, so I am surprised at your observations (but appreciate them). Thats the first time since the M8 came out that I heard 486's were too weak. I'm not saying the B+W's and the Leica's are identical...but close enough that in most circumstances, for the most part are interchageable.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: