The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: 2 M8s for sale!!

I just got a call and there is a grey M9 available to me, but I have to act fast. If I can sell both my M8 bodies quickly I'll do it. I have a black and a chrome original M8. The chrome was initially bought in the first release, Nov. 2006. It developed the "line" and Leica replaced it with a new body in May 2007. The black was bought "new" used from someone who got it at B&H and sold it to me 2 weeks later, about 16 months ago. They both function perfectly. They are in excellent condition. I would guess the shutter count is definitely under 10K on both but I don't no how to get this # on my Mac. Original box, all original items of course. For a fast sale I will let them go for $2000 each, NOT less, net to me. If you buy both, I'll make it $3850 fir the 2. I love these cameras, I shoot an M7 as often as digital, I don't need backups, so that's why I'm selling. If someone buys them both today, I'll sweeten the deal, we can talk about how. Satisfaction gauranteed, you can return within 1 week at your expense. Thanks everyone!! best....Peter

Re: 2 M8s for sale!!

Hi Jono- I got the call at work and posted this, no chance for pictures. I may be able to do this tonight. Any luck getting your grey M9? best...Peter

jonoslack

Hi Jono- I got the call at work and posted this, no chance for pictures. I may be able to do this tonight. Any luck getting your grey M9? best...Peter
Hi Peter
Not yet . . . but it's getting closer!
I'm being good and patient.

oc garza

Can you get me the number of the shop that has the M9 available so I can buy it if your M8s don't sell :scry:

Just kidding, good luck with your sale and enjoy the M9.

erichuang

Does the price include shipping & PayPal? Probably not, but I'll ask anyway. I am interested. PM sent.

Last edited:

Both M8s are sold!! I know I sacrificed them, but having an M9 in my hands tomorrow will heal all wounds. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest, there were several. best....Peter

It was an extremely unusual situation occurring too rapidly for me to handle in my usual way. From your first communication with me to the time I actually sold the cameras with payment made, about 45 minutes had elapsed, all while I was busy at work. I explained all this to you and apologized. There was no need for this public shout down in my opinion. Many, many folks on this forum have dealt with me buying and selling and can speak to my integrity and honesty. I did my best today, it wasn't perfect, but it was really didn't warrant this response. best...Peter

jonoslack

Both M8s are sold!! I know I sacrificed them, but having an M9 in my hands tomorrow will heal all wounds. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest, there were several. best....Peter
Congratulations Peter
I hope you enjoy the M9 (sure you will).
Lucky whoever it was who got such a good deal with the M8's.

Thanks Jono- The M9 and 28/2 will do a lot of dancing. I also really look forward to using my 50/1.4 asph as a 50mm lens digitally. I use it 90% of the time on my M7, but never liked it so much on the M8. best...Peter

jonoslack

Thanks Jono- The M9 and 28/2 will do a lot of dancing. I also really look forward to using my 50/1.4 asph as a 50mm lens digitally. I use it 90% of the time on my M7, but never liked it so much on the M8. best...Peter
mmmm yes -
28 'cron and 50 'lux seem to be the holy . . . erm duity :ROTFL:

just add a 90 elmarit and a WATE and you're set. (holy quadrity?)

Have the 90 elmarit, a cracking lens that just seems to always get the shot. The WATE, hhhmmm, maybe I should consider it as it does so well on the M9. But that 21/1.4 still has appeal. ;>) best...Peter