The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Like new 75mm APO summicron 6-bit coded

A

artears

Up for sale is my Leica 75mm APO summicron. It is 6-bit coded and was purchased less than 2 months ago from Popflash. It was one of their never-mounted like new copies and comes with a 2-year Popflash warranty, which I can help with, either dealing directly with them or asking them to transfer the warranty (I do not know if it is possible though). Everything is working like new and smooth and the serial is starting with 4045, if that will help to identify the age of the lens. Please see the pictures for the actual item.

Now the reason for the sale, I decided that I need to divert the funds towards an amp purchase. I have already 2 other lenses in my bag, one is a 50mm one and I would make use of the money in a better way for the times when I am at home. It is sad to let it go in such a short period of time, however I am sure I will get it when I have enough funds again. The price is $2400 OBO including insured shipping in CONUS. In case you want to pay via Paypal, the fees will be extra, however FYI, there is a secret way to avoid the fees. If you use your paypal balance or bank account and make a personal transfer by choosing that tab, then there are no fees, in CONUS at least.

Thank you for your interest.

A

artears

Thank you for the comments. It is a great lens, sorry to let it go, but the money is needed elsewhere.

In case anyone wonders, I was able to capture nice pictures at f/2 with 1/15s or so. It is really easy to handle.

@cpclee: PM replied.

Tim Gray

I'd be all over it if I didn't have a 50/1.4 ASPH already, which suits me better. Pairs with a 28mm better in my mind and I can use the extra stop. However, if I was a 35 shooter, you'd have a PM from me.

A

artears

It pairs well with 35mm, I have a 35mm nokton f/1.2 as well. However having both 50mm and 75mm seemed a bit redundant. And 75mm will raise more funds, so that one is for sale. My 50mm is a nikkor millenium f/1.4 and is cheaper (it is a frankenlens though with amedeo adapter, aftermarket metal hood and b+w uv/ir filter :)).

BTW, the lens is still available.