The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Aptus 75 S with camera and Extras

PSon

Peter,
Glad to hear your good progress.

This program works really well for the Sinar back software solution. http://www.brumbaer.de/Tools/Brumbaer_Tools.html

Also Sinar is coming out with a new software called Exposure in April or May.

I have used all the backs and found Sinar adapters are very precise and this is very important for someone who want to use multi-platforms.

Best Regards,
-Son

David K

Workshop Member
Peter,
Good to hear that you are up and about and I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. An additional feature of the Sinar back that I forgot to mention was the 6GB internal memory which can be used as an alternative to or in conjunction with CF cards.

David K

Workshop Member
from personal experience.. the 75s is a *fantastic* back!! I can get the contrast/color i'd expect from color negative film.. have had no issues with noise up to the 30 second mark.
Couldn't agree more Jim. If I get nothing better from the Sinar than what I have now I will be a happy camper.

fotografz

The route I see it is owning the Sinar back will accomodate you to any system you desire. Here is what I like and have or will have:

1. Sinar Hy6 + Sinar Back
2. Contax 645 + Same Sinar Back
3. Hasselblad 200 series + Sinar Back

and anything else you want but for me these are the two system. If you love the Hasselblad F or FE lens like I do add the third system with minimum. If you get the chance to use the Contax 645 system you will love the ergnomic, best mirror vibration control, incredible optics and extremely light and compact.

-Son
Son, how are you using the Sinar back on a 200 series camera? Can you post a photo of that combination? I could care less about the Hy6 (tested it in studio and personally didn't prefer it), but being able to utilize my 203FE and full set of "paid for lenses" with a Sinar eMotion 75 is a different matter altogether.

fotografz

Son, maybe you missed my question ... how do you use the Sinar back on a Hasselblad 200 series camera? Can you post a photo of this kit?

PSon

Son, maybe you missed my question ... how do you use the Sinar back on a Hasselblad 200 series camera? Can you post a photo of this kit?
Marc,
The only digital back in the world that can be used on the Hasselblad 200 series cameras is the Sinar Digital Back via a very small cable from the digital back to the shutter sync on the right side of the camera. Phase One back and other back can be used on the 200 series but they need a double cable release such as the Kapture Group. However, this cable is huge and it is not sensible to shoot via hand held. On the other hand, the Sinar cable is very small and allow you to use the Hasselblad 200 series cameras handheld. The cable is also universal for all medium format cameras (Mamiya 645 AF, M645, Contax 645 and etc.) when used on the Sinar back. I also discovered that the adapter is very precise with the Sinar system. Up to date, the Hasselblad V is still the smallest and yet brightest 6x6 system when manual focus. I put both the Rollei 2.0/110 on the Rollei 6008 AF with their high definition bright screen and the Hasselblad 2.0/110 on the 205 TCC and the 205 TCC was so bright and yet crisp when in focus. It is due to this bright screen, I have designed an auto bellows system for the Contax 645 and now the Hasselblad 200 series camera to do high magnification micro/macro-photography applications. The only reason you own so much of these Hasselblad lens and your 203 FE is due to the incredible optics the 200 series has to offer.

-Son

fotografz

Marc,
The only digital back in the world that can be used on the Hasselblad 200 series cameras is the Sinar Digital Back via a very small cable from the digital back to the shutter sync on the right side of the camera. Phase One back and other back can be used on the 200 series but they need a double cable release such as the Kapture Group. However, this cable is huge and it is not sensible to shoot via hand held. On the other hand, the Sinar cable is very small and allow you to use the Hasselblad 200 series cameras handheld. The cable is also universal for all medium format cameras (Mamiya 645 AF, M645, Contax 645 and etc.) when used on the Sinar back. I also discovered that the adapter is very precise with the Sinar system. Up to date, the Hasselblad V is still the smallest and yet brightest 6x6 system when manual focus. I put both the Rollei 2.0/110 on the Rollei 6008 AF with their high definition bright screen and the Hasselblad 2.0/110 on the 205 TCC and the 205 TCC was so bright and yet crisp when in focus. It is due to this bright screen, I have designed an auto bellows system for the Contax 645 and now the Hasselblad 200 series camera to do high magnification micro/macro-photography applications. The only reason you own so much of these Hasselblad lens and your 203 FE is due to the incredible optics the 200 series has to offer.

-Son
Thank you Son. This puts the Sinar back on my radar screen ... my 200 series cameras and lenses are the reason ... as you say ... nothing quite like it. If possible can you show a photo of a 200 series with the Sinar back hooked up?

PSon

Thank you Son. This puts the Sinar back on my radar screen ... my 200 series cameras and lenses are the reason ... as you say ... nothing quite like it. If possible can you show a photo of a 200 series with the Sinar back hooked up?
Marc, when I get the chance I will take a photo for you. If I am correct, you might have the 2.8/300 Power Pack with your 203FE.
Best Regards,
-Son

fotografz

Marc, when I get the chance I will take a photo for you. If I am correct, you might have the 2.8/300 Power Pack with your 203FE.
Best Regards,
-Son
Not the 300/2.8. 50/2.8FE, 110/2FE, 150/2.8FE and 250/4FE. I sold my other 203FE, 60-120/4.5FE and CFV back. Still shoot film with the 203FE and scan on a 949. But I'd eventually like a digital back for that camera.

Son, does the Sinar back rotate? I mean, does the Sinar V adapter allow removal and repositioning the back in portrait mode? A photo would be most appreciated. PM me with one if you have time.

Jeeze, I just realized we've hi-jacked this sell thread.

Let me put in a good word. The Aptus 75s is an awesome back, Simply awesome. At this price it's a very good deal. The back alone is $30,000.+ It's the absolute latest thing from Leaf.

David K

Workshop Member
Marc,
Don't worry about hijacking my threads... there's some good info posted here. One of the great things about this forum is the light handed management style. Thanks for the plug on the back, it really is as good as it gets.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
we try David! Anyway, it would be better if Son posts his image in a new thread inside the MF section, and Marc re-posts his questions there, just so that info hangs around for posterity --- these B&S threads get flushed after a few months of inactivity...

Cheers,

D

DougDolde

David,

Just wondering if you got around to those photos of the kit. I'm all the way out in California and this is a 20K+ item. My request received the response "pretty boring to look at". Makes me wonder if you are really into selling it.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Doug, FWIW I have done MANY deals with David. I am in California too and would be happy to act as intermediary if it suits you both. The Contax 645 is a known system as is the Aptus 75 back. There's not going to be much to see in an online photo of any of that gear; you're better off trusting the person that sells it to you to give you the honest scoop on its condition.

All FWIW...

D

DougDolde

Jack, I appreciate your good referal to Dave. I'd not want an intermediary but it is good to know you give him very positive feedback.

From my perspective it's just a name on a forum with no personal data, website link, etc.

FWIW this back can be bought as a demo from any Leaf dealer in Contax 645 mount with a full warranty for about the same price. I have to feel REALLY good about dealing with an individual at this price level if you know what I mean.

JimCollum

Doug,

I've dealt with David as well, and would do so again in a moment.

I'm in Santa Cruz with the same back (although with a Mamiya setup), if you're in the area and would like to see/play with it sometime

jim

Jack, I appreciate your good referal to Dave. I'd not want an intermediary but it is good to know you give him very positive feedback.

From my perspective it's just a name on a forum with no personal data, website link, etc.

FWIW this back can be bought as a demo from any Leaf dealer in Contax 645 mount with a full warranty for about the same price. I have to feel REALLY good about dealing with an individual at this price level if you know what I mean.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

We all know exactly what you mean and it is the correct way to make a purchase and in this case i know David very well also and we have bought and sold many things to each. Probably way too much too but he is a great guy and comes highly recommended. Believe me Jack, Jim and I would not dare say go ahead without knowing David very well.