The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 28 'Cron (6-bit) + IR filter -- Like New

M

matmcdermott

Hello all, I'm rearranging my kit and am selling my 28 Summicron (yes, I can hear the groans from all the people who swear they'd never sell this lens...). It's in Like New condition and is 6-bit coded. A 46mm Leica IR-cut filter is included. I'm also including a hood for the 35 Summilux which I had used as the standard hood. Unlike everything else which is pristine, one of the release tabs on the 'Lux hood is broken. It locks in place just fine though and works well. I haven't figured the $90 (new) value into the price I'm asking for all this though, due to this hood's condition.

I'm asking $2900 + shipping and insurance for the lens, filter and extra hood. No Paypal; sorry, but I've been burned by them in the past.

If you're in NYC (or are visiting soon), I can personally delivery the lens for you.

View attachment 2472

View attachment 2473

View attachment 2471

Maggie O

I will just have to console myself with the Ultron when it arrives. I think that lens costs more than my first three cars put together!

I'm wondering how did PayPal burn you? (what with selling one of my lenses and all too)

M

matmcdermott

I will just have to console myself with the Ultron when it arrives. I think that lens costs more than my first three cars put together!

I'm wondering how did PayPal burn you? (what with selling one of my lenses and all too)
The short version: sold an M6 on eBay, payment through Paypal; buyer claimed it never arrived, initiated dispute with Paypal which was found in his favor. Through some internet detective work I found out that my buyer was selling the camera on his own website. I sent screen captures to Paypal showing that the serial numbers on the camera he was selling was the same as the one I originally sent him, and that therefore it was he who was in the wrong and not I, but Paypal refused to act on it. I was out one camera, plus $1200.