The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

wtb: nikon LS 9000 ed film scanner

S

sean cranor

Hello, I was just looking through the FS items and found your post. We have a Coolscan 9000 with the glass carrier due in this coming week. I expect it to be in top condition, complete, but no box, for around $2250.00

Sean Cranor
Camera West
831-643-9088

R

rastas

Hello, I was just looking through the FS items and found your post. We have a Coolscan 9000 with the glass carrier due in this coming week. I expect it to be in top condition, complete, but no box, for around $2250.00

Sean Cranor
Camera West
831-643-9088

Hi Sean:

They are $100-$400 cheaper new at B&H and Adorama.
Thanks though.

tjv

They've stopped making them so I doubt all remaining backorders will be filled. Bummer because It's a great value scanner.

S

sean cranor

Hi Sean:

They are $100-$400 cheaper new at B&H and Adorama.
Thanks though.
I've had these on backorder from Nikon for quite some time and I do not think that they are going to ship any more of these ever. This one comes with the glass carrier, which is also very hard to find. In any case, it is still available....

Sean Cranor
831-643-9088

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Exactly. They've been on backorder now for about 6 months. Also why I'm going to wait one more year to sell my 9000 outfit -- I figure a year from now the prices will be about double (and I have the box!) :D

FWIW, Sean is excellent to deal with -- if he says it's in top shape, you can bet it is.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I second the recommendation for Sean...he has gotten the majority of my business (and funds....) for a number of years.:ROTFL:

Nice to see his presence here.

Bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi John:

It works fine if you use VueScan (Hamrick Software). The Vuescan UI is a bit weird to get the hang of, but once you do and kind just go with it, the results are awesome: http://www.hamrick.com/

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I ended up with a H343 scanner as I could not get older Nikon Scan to work on the Mac...had to return a LS 9000 when they first came out...in spite of the fact I could run my 4000 without a glitch.

Vuescan worked great with the LS 9000 as did Lasersoft Silverscan.

Bob