The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 50mm Summilux Pre-ASPH Close focus

peterm1

For some reason I have not bonded with this focal length on my M8 (and I have no plans to get the M9), so I am selling this mint copy of this lens (the only thing not mint about the lens is that the front lens cap has a few minor scratches). It is the latest version of the Pre-ASPH model with a 46mm filter thread, which focuses to 0.7m, instead of the older versions whose closest focusing distance is 1m. Some people prefer how the Pre-ASPH version renders an image even more than the much more expensive ASPH version.

This lens comes with the caps and the Leica leather zip pouch, but not the box, manual, etc. Here is more info:

Product Description
An extremely fast standard lens that is used a great deal in reportage photography. Sharpness and contrast are still outstanding at full aperture. Its extraordinary speed of f/1.4 permits useable shutter speeds even in poor light situations. This lens has remarkably neutral color rendition and accurate color differentiation. It is available in black anodized, silver chrome and titanium finishes.

Features
Focus Adjustment Manual Focus
Zoom Adjustment Fixed Focal Length Lens

Details
Filter Size 46 mm
Aperture
Minimum Focus Range 27.6 in
Magnification Normal / Straight (35 - 65mm)
View Angle 45 degrees
Groups/Elements 7 Elements in 5 Groups
Diameter 2.1 in
Length 1.8 in
Weight 9.7 oz
MPN 11868

I am selling it for $1600 shipped and Paypalled to the CONUS only. Please check my extensive feedback on Fred Miranda.com (my user name there is petermendelson).

I can email some photos if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Peter